Best Meal Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
Last night I went to a Game Dinner at my brother's rod and gun club. It was an amazing meal, everything was caught/killed and prepared by club members. This is what we had, with the description from the menu.

Smoked Shad, boneless smoked shad fillets
Wild Mushroom and Venison Soup, Started with our own venison stock, locally harvested mushrooms, including rare "hen of the woods" and fresh cream
Venison Kielbasa, Smoked venison sausage made with traditional kielbasa spices,with homemade mushroom pirogues, served with mushroom gravy
Beaver Bourguignon, Tender braised beaver(insert joke here), herbed with a burgundy reduction, served on puff pastry
Shady Brook Pheasant Wrap, Grilled pheasant and accompaniments with garlic and yogurt sauce over a pita wrap
Rolled Stuffed Venison, Butterflied venison stuffed with prosciutto, fresh basil, bread crumbs, fontina cheese and kalamata olives. Wrapped, tied, seared then baked. Cutinto pinwheels and served with broccoli florets
Cracked Black Pepper Ice Cream, Served over a slice of poundcake, with grilled peaches and sauce

And, they had Redhook Copperhook Ale on tap.

I'm still full...

Dude said:
Wow...sounds great.

Beaver?
Beaver is great!
Except for the hair in your teeth (*rimshot).

Damn, I am hungry now.
Venison Kielbasa sounds awesome.
I am wondering if the shad were the same species we used to catch for fun in the Tennessee river. We always threw them back.

Beaver is awesome. Yes both.

Hen-of-the-woods. Tasty stuff. Last year I found more than I knew what to do with. Funny cause the Chanterelles were basically no-shows last season, but the Maitake were booming.

Back