First Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleHole

Reaction score
BBP shrunk.jpgI just cracked my first attemp at a Porter and am VERY happy. I brewed it as a Black Butte Porter clone and had lots of problems with the fermentation. It did not want to stop! I think I transferred it to the secondary too soon, it had a stuck fermentation due to cold temps in the house. So with a couple suggestions from Orfy and a few others I have a great beer that I actually think is better than BBP. Its is very drinkable and has a very smooth finish. Thanks for the help. This picture was taken after a few good swigs and then I got inspired to snap a shot and share my joy.

david_42 said:
Looks more like sip-lines to me.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

ok, ok, a couple sips:drunk:
I just realized in the pic what you see as sip lines are actually lines that are part of the glass itself...not that it matters of course. I don't think I have ever sipped a beer that many times.

i recently made a porter and my FG was around .016 i think been drinking all night:drunk: and im not real fimilary with the hydrometer! anyways it was about .02 higher than it was supposed to be but i drank around half a gallon of it green (left over from the fementer that i didnt have room in bottles for) and it tasted very sweet, tried a bottle today and it was very diffrent beer lol so i cant wait to see what its like in a couple weeks!

Back