Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a few more since I posted about a year ago...
KlnN6ry.jpg

JzZKonT.jpg

cQRL4o8.jpg

JjUsrLH.jpg

Brewed this Saturday as a one-gallon experimental batch. Also planning to brew a Brown-Ale version of it later this week perhaps. I went with 20% of honey malt just to see what'll happen!

79X1b8tl.jpg

Classic MOPAR! For this one you should do 3.437gal batches (440 cubic i...I mean oz) and only serve it a "6 pack" at a time.

I like drawing pictures and them gluing them to my beer bottles. We brewed extract kits for the whiskey stout (my person loves whiskeys, I love stouts, so its the mushy, threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-bit label), also an imperial pale ale. We brewed a belgian tripel, and my boxer/chupacabra mix, Tesla, looks kinda like Admiral Ackbar with a severe underbite, so I just went with the horribly awful play on that. Those aren't on bottles yet, because I'm waiting for it to carb and I feel like labels = ready to drink, so I'm waiting :)

Awesome

Next is the Klienen Arsch Oktoberfest (translates to Little Butt in German)
Oktoberfest.jpeg

Umm, you spelled "kleinen" wrong. In German language, the sound of the ie / ei vowel combo is dictated by the second letter. What you wrote on the label sounds like "Cleanin' Arsch", which means nothing in German but is sort of funny in English if you only understand what Arsch means in German as well as the fact that this is homebrew :D

Brewed this Saturday as a one-gallon experimental batch. Also planning to brew a Brown-Ale version of it later this week perhaps. I went with 20% of honey malt just to see what'll happen!

79X1b8tl.jpg

was this one in the BYO label contest? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before...

was this one in the BYO label contest? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before...

No, but I simply Google'd "Honey Bee" and found the base image, so it's possible someone else used it before me. I PS'd out the Bee and added the Honey Nut text, and added the "hood emblems" on the side.

Kinda cool....my DANKSGIVING label was one of the honorable mentions in the BYO label contest. Yay for swag!
Here's a couple new ones I did.

Blonde ale for a local restaurant run by friends....we're working on contract brewing it once we get the recipe in order (which hopefully by tomorrow we'll know)
bb1.jpg

Imperial red.
dirtnap3.jpg

The cyser I made this winter:
sundowner2.jpg

My first SMaSH Recipe. All English (thus a bit of English Gothic) Maris Otter and Fuggles. I really just brewed this because I wanted to see if I could crank out a quick and simple batch on the stovetop and then pitch right onto a yeast cake (with 3/4 skimmed off so it wasn't a ridiculous over-pitch) while I bottled the previous batch.

9077051862_f4852a118e_c.jpg

Second AG attempt. Turned out quite good, IMO. Picked an image of a new market structure in Ghent, thus the East Flanders name.

9077051482_c0e7bacdce_c.jpg

Heh, okay here we go...

I'm about to attempt a S'Mores Beer - obviously there's a handful of these around, and my original title idea - "S'Mores Sout" - turned out to be a very reputable beer by Short's Brewery in Michigan... So that's out...

"Can I have S'More" is played out... "Gimme S'More" isn't much more interesting... So I needed something really completely different. This is what I came up with... Lemme know your opinion, and note that it's still a work in progress. :)

0npmYAD.png

Heh, okay here we go...

I'm about to attempt a S'Mores Beer - obviously there's a handful of these around, and my original title idea - "S'Mores Sout" - turned out to be a very reputable beer by Short's Brewery in Michigan... So that's out...

"Can I have S'More" is played out... "Gimme S'More" isn't much more interesting... So I needed something really completely different. This is what I came up with... Lemme know your opinion, and note that it's still a work in progress. :)

0npmYAD.png
Ha. It works well, but isn't it not all that different than "Can I have S'More". The reason that those two are used so much, is because that's where the name of the treat came from.

For mine, since I had never had my beer before, I didn't really want to call out S'Mores directly, so people wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't taste like S'Mores. I figured this was good enough:

happy camper label.jpg

This is the basic format of all my labels. I just switch out the name and info, and I also change the color of the rusty truck font to coordinate with whatever type of beer it is. I looks a little odd with a white backround, but I actually print it on "kraft" cardboard colored labels.

I don't take full credit for the design though. Another homebrewer on HBT gave me a bit of inspiration as far as the layout goes. I just tweaked it to my own liking.

What software do you make them with? Very cool! I wanna make one similar with vintage motorcycle.:mug:

Cheers :rockin: to those excellent brewmasters and bottlers who've recently shown actual labels on actual bottles - mandasaurus_rex, greyfixer, The_Happy_Dachshund_Brewe, itsme_timd, ryden!

I've got nothin' for the rest of you bozos.

For mine, since I had never had my beer before, I didn't really want to call out S'Mores directly, so people wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't taste like S'Mores. I figured this was good enough:

That actually makes pretty good sense to me. I like the graphic, too.

And actually after I posted that I realized I had my wording wrong - it's "Thank you sir MAY I have..." and then of course I'm using "S'More" isntead of "another."

I had also considered a Wizard of Oz theme and going with "Chocolate, Marshmallow and Graham, Oh My!"

Cheers :rockin: to those excellent brewmasters and bottlers who've recently shown actual labels on actual bottles - mandasaurus_rex, greyfixer, The_Happy_Dachshund_Brewe, itsme_timd, ryden!

I've got nothin' for the rest of you bozos.

It's hard to see all the detail that we work so hard to put into these labels when it's wrapped around a 3-dimensional object in a 2-dimensional photo.

I've posted photos of a collection of my labeled bottles (I've saved one bottle from each batch with the hopes of one day surrounding my bar with them) but it's very hard to read the small text, see the little nuances, the little "nods" to our style or our brewery which we might try to sneak into our image.

So, if I may so politely say... ...hush. :)

That actually makes pretty good sense to me. I like the graphic, too.

And actually after I posted that I realized I had my wording wrong - it's "Thank you sir MAY I have..." and then of course I'm using "S'More" isntead of "another."

I had also considered a Wizard of Oz theme and going with "Chocolate, Marshmallow and Graham, Oh My!"

Thanks. I like the Wizard of Oz idea. I'm a big fan of the books and comics. The comics also have awesome art to use for the label too. You could use something like this:

ww-oz1.jpg

And lighten up the lion a bit (graham cracker), make the tin man white (marshmallow), and make the scarecrow dark brown (chocolate). :D

New here, but thought I'd share a couple of my labels (when I actually get off my duff and put them on). Both are nods to my geek side. The first pays homage to 50's Sci-Fi classics and MST3K, the second is a tribute to my BSG fandom group. Took me a while to finally get the look "just right", but think they'll do!

Brains2_zpsa7de923d.jpg

HoochMkIIA_zpse24e7748.jpg

And in case you were wondering, yes, that is my family tartan in the background, and the motto is a riff on Clan Matheson's.

My brother made it kind of as a joke and could probably make any necessary tweaks if I was super serious about actually using it for real.

Yes, both kids called it that when they were about 3. I could see where, if you didn't have kids, daddy juice would mean something totally different!

So looking for opinions...

I posted this label a few pages ago. I had it printed this morning and will get it on a few bottles tonight (can't wait!)

Jl61ewdl.jpg

I'm almost out of the labels with this design - the lower, 3.5 x 3 label and the 3.25'ish wide neck label. I've enjoyed making these, but the neck label always ends up an afterthought, doesn't always fit in with my design, and often becomes a centering nightmare when local businesses try to print these things.

So I'm thinking about getting some 5 x 3 labels for my next batch and trying something different. I really want the extra space on the sides that some of you have used for stories, "warnings", SRM/IBU/ABV info, city/state, etc... There was just never a good place to put that info before, especially if I wanted to really make the most of the main "label". So I designed this today.

XMIXTLd.jpg

I like it, but I'm wondering if the gauge idea is a bit too big. (If I make it too much smaller, you won't be able to read the numbers)

The "ViperDen" is based on the car, not the reptile, so I thought it'd be a cool way of embelishing the "theme".

What do you folks think?

I posted this label a few pages ago. I had it printed this morning and will get it on a few bottles tonight (can't wait!)

Jl61ewdl.jpg

I'm almost out of the labels with this design - the lower, 3.5 x 3 label and the 3.25'ish wide neck label. I've enjoyed making these, but the neck label always ends up an afterthought, doesn't always fit in with my design, and often becomes a centering nightmare when local businesses try to print these things.

So I'm thinking about getting some 5 x 3 labels for my next batch and trying something different. I really want the extra space on the sides that some of you have used for stories, "warnings", SRM/IBU/ABV info, city/state, etc... There was just never a good place to put that info before, especially if I wanted to really make the most of the main "label". So I designed this today.

XMIXTLd.jpg

I like it, but I'm wondering if the gauge idea is a bit too big. (If I make it too much smaller, you won't be able to read the numbers)

The "ViperDen" is based on the car, not the reptile, so I thought it'd be a cool way of embelishing the "theme".

What do you folks think?

I think the gauges are a really neat idea. I think they really help for non beer geeks who don't know 75 ibus from 75 hogsheads. Couldn't you just keep the font size of the gauges the same and decrease the size of the gauges themselves if you want to make them smaller?

Jl61ewdl.jpg

XMIXTLd.jpg

What do you folks think?

As usual, you've outdone yourself! My vote is on the larger label, but both are outstanding. Just wondering if you have some inside information - Is that a picture of an up and coming MOPAR product?

Back