Add Food Coloring to Starsan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I add 2 drops red. Keeps me from squirting something else into my gear. Cheers!

2012-12-15-at-104549-57647.jpg

Perfect. Once I grabbed a milk jug that I thought contained water that I had boiled and cooled for the aquarium and started pouring it in. It was starsan. I only added about 1 cup before I realized my mistake as the whole tank turned milky white. The fish survived.

Accidentally sprayed my gear with the white vinegar I used to kill the weeds with once (same HD spray bottle type), oops it was imediately apparent;)

Ummm.....ewww!!! People usually speak from what they know....has that happen to you????

if I had a cat I would have to change the labeling of that beer to "One cat WAS harmed in the making of this beer";)

Great idea!

It really stands out because not many cleaning fluids use red.

Yellow would look like pine cleaner, blue might be window cleaner, and green could be mistaken for Simple Green.

My wife also insists I label every spray bottle.

Great idea!

It really stands out because not many cleaning fluids use red.

Yellow would look like pine cleaner, blue might be window cleaner, and green could be mistaken for Simple Green.

My wife also insists I label every spray bottle.

Yea, yellow looks like bleach, so red. Blue and green aren't beer colors. Those were my choices.

Looks like someone's been a busy boy.. I've got a double brew day planned for Friday.

Yep. I did a double yesterday morning. I flipped the switch on the strike water at 4AM and was cleaned up and off on a bike ride by 11. El Dorado Pale Ale (with El Dorado hops) and an Irish Red Ale. The ones in the front got leftovers from a yeast cake so they were going hard in a few hours.

Back