Study finds beer has anti-viral properties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another byproduct of the brewing process is trace amounts of tetracyclene (sp?) which is an antibiotic.

"someone would have to drink around 30 cans, each of 350 millilitres (12 oz), for it to have any virus-fighting effect."

o_O

I'd like to see how they arrived at these conclusions...

"someone would have to drink around 30 cans, each of 350 millilitres (12 oz), for it to have any virus-fighting effect."

o_O

I'd like to see how they arrived at these conclusions...

Irony is that in that quantity of daily intake you would cause a decline in health faster than the benefits would be seen :drunk:

The words "30 cans" tells me they're probably talking about BMC. So how many IPA's would you have to drink to get the same amount of humulone as in 30 cans of BMC? 6? 3? 1???? :)

The words "30 cans" tells me they're probably talking about BMC. So how many IPA's would you have to drink to get the same amount of humulone as in 30 cans of BMC? 6? 3? 1???? :)

After 3 I tend to lose count anyways and am just committed enough to drink until passed out:tank:

Maybe there were no health benefits at all. After 30 Milwaukee's Bests, they don't know if the vomit is flu related or not. The people doing the research were beer drinkers too. "Ah, let's chalk this one up to science, eh?"

Back