1.070-1.030 after 16 days...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sub1427

Reaction score
Brewed up a Pliny clone and only pitched one pack of Wyeast... this is the first time I have checked the gravity but it seems high after 2 weeks... any thoughts? I did not pitch a starter, just smack pack into the wort... should I re-pitch??

Yeast were probably pretty stressed, as that's serious underpitching, according to MrMalty (and assuming it's a 5 gallon batch). They might have petered out before they finished. What is the current temp? You could try bringing it up some (say around 70°F) and gently swirl the fermenter to re-suspend the yeast. Also, what was your mash temp? If you mashed high, this might be about as low as you're gonna get. We really need more details to narrow it down any further.

It was a extract kit... i steeped the grains in 152 degree water... I will try giving the batch a swirl and giving it a few more days... I also used 9 lbs of LME and some sugar to get the OG up, which was called for... Will keep you posted. Thanks!

Back