Johnson controls question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klay23

Reaction score
I searched but found older versions and old threads.

I have the a19aat.

Is it as simple as plugging the power cord of the fridge into corc of temp controller and somehow getting temperature probe in the fridge? Then mounting the actual controller somewhere outside of he fridge on a flat surface? Instructions are waaaay more complex than that, but now I'm questioning if I'm wrong and simply NOT a hvac person, :mug:

Help?...

It is just that simple. I even stuck the probe in through the door and the seal goes right around the wire/cord no problem. I would attempt to see if it is accurate though. I have read that sometimes the setting on the controller/actual temperature can vary quite a bit. Luckily mine is accurate so I don't have to worry about it. I just put in a carboy of water, taped the probe to it with some packing material for insulation and waited a day or two to calibrate/check the accuracy.

Should be plug and play. I drilled a hole through the side of my fridge so I could run my probe inside. I would also recommend taping the probe to your fermenters when they are in the fridge.

It is just that simple. I even stuck the probe in through the door and the seal goes right around the wire/cord no problem. I would attempt to see if it is accurate though. I have read that sometimes the setting on the controller/actual temperature can vary quite a bit. Luckily mine is accurate so I don't have to worry about it. I just put in a carboy of water, taped the probe to it with some packing material for insulation and waited a day or two to calibrate/check the accuracy.

So it just cuts fridge on and off to maintain temp? Seems a lot simpler than the instructions that are dated 2004! :fro:

Should be plug and play. I drilled a hole through the side of my fridge so I could run my probe inside. I would also recommend taping the probe to your fermenters when they are in the fridge.

Rolled the dice as to not hitting a coil?

I have heard the door is the most safe but less practical/attractive. It is not necessary with a johnson controller though.

I just hooked mine up today.
It is very simple to adjust and there is no need to drill. I ran the prob between the door and the seal. It seal just fine and I made a pocket inside of the fridge with a pice of plastic wrap to place the probe into.
I will redo it when I have more time and just run it thru the drain plug.

I did take a risk, but I have assumed that most standard size refrigerators will have all of the coils in the rear. I could be wrong about this.

Nope not wrong. Freezers are what you have to watch, when drilling. this will give you an idea where the condenser coil is on a refrigerator.

4B08885C926B16DCB41D7964030D5AC2A53D2A8A_large.jpg

FH02FEB_FRIDGM_11.jpg

http%253A%252F%252Fwww_california_com%252F%257Epositivenergy%252Fxina%252Fgraphics%252Fcoils_jpe.jpg

Back