Celebrating National Homebrew Day by teaching a Noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
Since my kegs are full and I have a Blue Moon clone in primary, I'll be helping a coworker do his first brew ever on National Homebrew Day tommorrow, should be a nice IPA. It feels good to recruit some new members to the club:mug:

I've just started my strike water to brew with now.

A buddy is comming by and he is going to brew using my equipment and supplies as his first AG.

And he gets to keep the wort.

Cheers

I know of at least three people that are always raving about coming to one of my brew sessions so that they can "see how it's done". Funny thing is, when I call and tell them I'm going to brew, they always seem to be busy......

Bernie, I have the same thing, I got one guy over once and thats it. If I call people up their like uh,....no I'm doing X. So I stopped trying.

Well he came, brewed, drank a few brews, and carted off 5.5 US gallons of Hobgoblin wort. And he had a great time doing it. I also had a great time showing him how.
Now we are planning on making this a regular thing. At least the part about brewing together.

Yep, people want to see how its done until the time comes. I have had one friend stop by a couple of times but not from start to finish. I will celebrate this evening with a couple of brews and watch some hockey. My local HBS had 10% off today and I picked up what I needed and will brew tomorrow. Today got too busy. They also have a homebrew club that meets once a month. Glad the Wings won today now its time for Ottawa to finish off the Devils.

Good Day All

BBD was held this year at my brewbarn. one of our members rolled out his 50 gallon brew system. we brewed the griffen spit and the belgian strong.

mini_BBD_05_05_07_062.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/2pl92y

great food great beers and a great time

Back