custom keg trailer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webbs2jzgte

Reaction score
ok so i am a new member here but have been toying with a idea. me and a bunch of other VW guys go to a ton of car shows every year. My buddy took a old VW rabbit and made it into a trailer. I was toying with the idea of converting a old golf or some other old vw into a beer trailer. I have been reading and figure out a couple things but am coming up with issues for keeping it cold for a weekend.

one idea was a series of cold plates but i haven't scene any that you can double up any ideas?

this trailer is meant to hold maybe 2 or 3 1/4 barrels.

it will have a small 3 tower tapper system.

the thing I would like to avoid is having to let these kegs sit in ice for the entire weekend. constantly buy ice and it just seems like a pain that way.

What a great Idea, But i would love to expand on it by adding a brew stand so you can brew and serve at the same time, the boiler in the driver seat and mash tun riding shot gun, HLT under the hood, the taps in the hatch.

ok, ya a jockey box is similar, but this would be a entire trailer with about 3 1/4 barrels in a section behind a sheet metal flipping door, in front of the door I would have a small almost mini bar idea, it would have a 4 tap tower, on the side a spot for actual liquor bottles for people who want to make a drink and cups on the side.

quick question- where can i find a cold plate that can cool 3 1/4 barrels. I was also thinking about possibly having each barrel having its own cold plate. how much ice does it take to cool the plate to keep the plate cool for 6-8 hours?

sorry if this all seems stupid, me and my buddies(group of about 20) are sick of going to car shows with lots of cases of beer when it would be awesome to just have some quarter barrels and go to the trailer and just pull the tapper and it be there.

Latest posts

Back