Maybe a Crazy Idea....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philjohnwilliams

Reaction score
..But then again, maybe not. For the past few years, I have been brewing a nice honey ginger lager (recipe from The New Complete Joy of Homebrewing, p212), but due my lack of cold frementation chamber, I have been brewing this as an ale, rather than as a lager. This year I want to try brewing it with lager yeast, and while I was thinking of a way to make a cold chamber for the fermenter, it dawned on me that the warehouse i work in is always kept in the 10-12c (50-55f) temp range. I wouldlike to know what people think of the idea of bringing my beer to work with me to let it ferment there. I figure i would brew on a Sunday evening, pitch the yeast, and Monday morning would be take your beer to work day. I suppose what I am most concerned about is having it slosh around in the fermenter on the drive home when the yeast have done their job. Could I just let it all settle for a few days when I get it home, or is there something wrong with this whole idea to begin with?

-phil

Only way to find out is to try. The usual reccomendation is to pitch when the wort cools to fermentation temps, so maybe postpone pitching until end of day Monday?

Latest posts

Back