Attn: Northern Illinois Brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
We began this on another thread and I decided it needs a thread of it's own! We've been talking about meeting up on December 29th at Chef Paul's Bavarian Lodge in Ogden Ave. in Lisle, IL. They have a great beer selection and the place is easy to reach from I-355 or I-88.

I'll be there ~6pm. Any takers!

Rhoobarb said:
We began this on another thread and I decided it needs a thread of it's own! We've been talking about meeting up on December 29th at Chef Paul's Bavarian Lodge in Ogden Ave. in Lisle, IL. They have a great beer selection and the place is easy to reach from I-355 or I-88.

I'll be there ~6pm. Any takers!

I'm a Yes unless I'm told otherwise.

Darn it - just checked with SWMBO and she has tentative plans for us that evening. Hopefully they fall through.:mad:

Any chance of picking a couple of dates and seeing who can do what??

Chicago Area, near Naperville, if you know where that is. Plenty of hotels around since there are a lot of businesses in the area.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1800+Ogden+Ave,+Lisle,+IL"]Here's a map![/ame] Enter "hotels" in the search window and take a look.

Crap, don't think I'll be able to make it. You know, family obligations and stuff...

I'm still willing to set up some Peoria meeting. We have a great German Bar/Restaurant, a brew pub, and several other awesome beer venues, as well as AAA hockey.

Well, I'm still in for the 29th, even if it is just me and Cheese! Maybe we can do a Peoria thing after the new year!(?)

I'll believe that you guys actually managed to arrange a get-together when I see the pictures posted. C'mon, gents, we Northeasterners managed to do it, pick a date and everybody tell their SWMBOs that they've got a very important obligation to fulfil!

the_bird said:
I'll believe that you guys actually managed to arrange a get-together when I see the pictures posted. C'mon, gents, we Northeasterners managed to do it, pick a date and everybody tell their SWMBOs that they've got a very important obligation to fulfil!

Typically, I can do that, but when there is something on the calendar, it's just not going to happen. There is still a chance it might get cancelled, but I kinda doubt it.

I can do just about any other day that week.

Will do.

Now, we can let the bird razz us! We have to put him in his place!!!;) How about Saturday, Dec. 30th? Maybe in the afternoon or lunchtime?

Rhoobarb said:
Will do.

Now, we can let the bird razz us! We have to put him in his place!!!;) How about Saturday, Dec. 30th? Maybe in the afternoon or lunchtime?

My calendar has doesn't have many days with things that I have to do on it, but that's my step-dad's 60th b-day party. How about Thurs the 28th?

rdwj said:
My calendar has doesn't have many days with things that I have to do on it, but that's my step-dad's 60th b-day party. How about Thurs the 28th?
Fine with me - I'm open any evening that week after Christmas.

I should be good. I'm waiting to find out when I need to retake my midterm that I missed due to illness. I'm supposed to be coming home from Iowa on the 27th, unless there's a killer storm.

Cheesefood said:
I should be good. I'm waiting to find out when I need to retake my midterm that I missed due to illness. I'm supposed to be coming home from Iowa on the 27th, unless there's a killer storm.

Midterm? Isn't it final time? I just had my econ final. Brutal, but really enjoyed the class.

So, are we on for the 28th? I have clearance from the ground tower if it works for everyone else

rdwj said:
Midterm? Isn't it final time? I just had my econ final. Brutal, but really enjoyed the class.

We have goofy quarters. We start in November, then break in December for 4-5 weeks, then continue until February. It's great for classes that have a big project.

I'm most likely a go for the 28th as well.

homebrewer_99 said:
The 28th is a Thursday...I can't make it...I was thinking about the Fri or Sat, but Thurs is a no go.:mad:
Yeah, we definitely have to do a weekend date sometime in the future, that way more people can attend. Maybe after the first of the year!

Cool!:ban: Let's call it ~6pm on Thursday, 12/28. I should get there ~6-6:15pm, maybe later, depending on traiffic.

There's a guy on Craigslist that has 20 corny's for $20 each. I'm going to pick up a couple. Anyone else want in?

Thanks for the offer, but I JUST picked up 4 more. I now have 6. I think I'm going to start using them as secondaries.

$18 plus shipping.

They have some as cheap as $15. I picked up the o-rings in bulk from McMaster. I also got a couple sets of poppits just in case. I can did up the part numbers if you need them

rdwj said:
$18 plus shipping.

They have some as cheap as $15. I picked up the o-rings in bulk from McMaster. I also got a couple sets of poppits just in case. I can did up the part numbers if you need them

Not a bad price. This guy is a few bucks cheaper since there's no shipping. I'm picking up 2 or 3 because I've got a mead on the docket and I'd like for it to be able to sit in the keg for a year or two.

Ya, with no shipping, that's a sweet deal

Here are the part numbers for McMaster.com. You can get the o-rings CHEAP if you get them in bulk instead one set at a time

9452K172 - $2.25 for 100
9452K23 - $2.77 for 100
9452K218 - $12.50 for 10

They're usually $3 for one of the expensive ones and two each of the others

rdwj said:
Ya, with no shipping, that's a sweet deal

Here are the part numbers for McMaster.com. You can get the o-rings CHEAP if you get them in bulk instead one set at a time

9452K172 - $2.25 for 100
9452K23 - $2.77 for 100
9452K218 - $12.50 for 10

They're usually $3 for one of the expensive ones and two each of the others

LHBS sells them, and I owe them some business after the help they gave me with my kegging setup.

I've yet to keg, but have been thinking of doing it as the next 'big step'. I might be game for a couple. PM me if you like. Does he state what shape they're in?

FWIW, there's an article in this month's (Jan.-Feb. 07) BYO on rebuilding kegs.

Rhoobarb said:
I've yet to keg, but have been thinking of doing it as the next 'big step'. I might be game for a couple. PM me if you like. Does he state what shape they're in?

FWIW, there's an article in this month's (Jan.-Feb. 07) BYO on rebuilding kegs.

Rhoobarb, I'd be happy to swap kegging help for AG help :mug:

Rhoobarb said:
Deal! We'll talk it over Thursday!:mug:

I got clearance from the tower. I'll see you there Thursday.

What time? We should get a reservation since we don't know what each other looks like, and it's a large place.

Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone missed it.

I will be there with my assistant brewer Kelly and a buddy ~6:45pm, maybe sooner, since traffic has been light. We can make a reservation or just meet in the bar (assuming there is one, I've never been here before). I look like this guy!;)

Back