Brew Notes / Spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana Red

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't someone around here talking about this great Excel Spreadsheet they made up that works well for their brewing notes? It was several months ago I think. I'd sure like to see that?

Indiana Red said:
Wasn't someone around here talking about this great Excel Spreadsheet they made up that works well for their brewing notes? It was several months ago I think. I'd sure like to see that?

If you ever have a spare $20 laying around, get ProMash. I swear by it. There's another one, called Brewcraft or some such thing, which might be better...but yeah, it's definitely changed the way I brew.

I have both promash and beer smith, and I perfer beer smith.

They both do a great job, just there are subtle differences which cause me to prefer beersmith. Both very fine programs though.

Dude said:
I made one...is this what you were referring to?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14187

If you are an excel whiz and make any cool additions/changes, please send it to me, I'd love to keep improving that thing!

I don't claim to be a "whiz" per se... but I'm going to have it calculate IBU's (should be fairly easy) and I should be able to automate the charts to automatically move your lines for SG, FG, and that stuff.

Stay tuned....

Back