Good small fridge for kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewr4fun

Reaction score
I know I have been posting alot lately about all grain setups, kegging, etc.. And I still have not made up my mind. I have come close to buying some things out of the classifieds for an all grain setup but both of those deals fell through. So I guess I was meant to spend the money on getting a small refrigerator and a kegging setup going. I don't have the funds at the moment but maybe in a few months I could at least get some of what I need. And I think to start out that would be a fridge. I think I have decided to go the cheap all grain route. 80 dollar turkey fryer with 8 gallon pot and a cooler MLT.

I have some room in my living room on a back wall that I think it would fit nicely if I can convince everyone else in the house the same. I would like it to hold at least 2 corny size kegs, possibly 3 but not necessary. Of course a CO2 cylinder as well. One other thing I would like it to have is a freezer that would be usable in a keg setup. Frosty cold glasses with beer fresh from the tap has always seemed cool to me. If this is not possible, that would be all right.

I know alot of you have been using small refrigerators to keg your beer and seem to be getting them at good prices. Does anyone here use a fridge that may fit my criteria? I would like to keep the price under 200 dollars if possible.

Also any good deals on conversion kits for 2 taps out there? And can taps be installed on a small refrigerator's door, All I ever see is tower systems. The conversion kits look like it would be easier to just install it in the door.

This post turned out a little long. Sorry about that. Thanks for taking the time to read it though.

well, let's suppose you get the fridge for free (very hypothetical) just on perlick faucets (assuming you want the best) you'd spend 60 bucks (30 each). that doesn't include shank or tailpiece or anything else.

if you get the conversion kits I think it's 50 bucks for each tap so 100 bucks. that's assuming you have co2 and kegs. if not that'll probably add a ton more

what I mean to say is. 200 dollars for co2, kegs, refrigerator and faucet kits is not realistic. it's possible if you get used equipment and a close to free fridge.

if you don't care about sticky faucets, there are a ton of people that sell theirs when they upgrade to perlicks

my post was long also sorry

well, let's suppose you get the fridge for free (very hypothetical) just on perlick faucets (assuming you want the best) you'd spend 60 bucks (30 each). that doesn't include shank or tailpiece or anything else.

if you get the conversion kits I think it's 50 bucks for each tap so 100 bucks. that's assuming you have co2 and kegs. if not that'll probably add a ton more

what I mean to say is. 200 dollars for co2, kegs, refrigerator and faucet kits is not realistic. it's possible if you get used equipment and a close to free fridge.

if you don't care about sticky faucets, there are a ton of people that sell theirs when they upgrade to perlicks

my post was long also sorry

I was just thinking the fridge for 200 and then the conversion kit separate from that.

Oh! The fridge everyone uses is a sanyo4912

you should be able to find it new for less than 200. Used for less than 100. Check craigslist

I have a Danby and find that it works just fine- Holds 2 corny kegs and the CO2 tank. I got the fridge on KIJIJI and got a real deal - $80.00 and it was never used/,I took the shelving out of the door and replaced it with a sheet of white plastic from a sign company. There is no freezer in the Danby that I got so no need to bend lines etc..

I am still using cobra taps although I have the equipment to make a tower- just cannot take the step of cutting the hole- not that I do not know how- just hate to drill that hole

Latest posts

Back