Asco Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarJohnson

Reaction score
Quick question for you Brutus guys.

Assembling my own parts list for mine. I am staying with my high pressure burners and 3/8 black pipe. Mostly because I have it all from my previous 3 tier system and want to reuse the pipe, valves, needle valves etc. Looking at Asco valves on ebay and I think you guys have bought all the good ones! Anyway, I have a local dist. who carries asco. They have bran new valves 8210 series for as low as 53.00 a piece. They are NC, brass, with a pressure of 0-150. Only downside is they are a 1/4in and out and the orifices are smaller of course. Will this step down and back up effect a 3/8 system running at 25-30psi? I use the cheap HP cajun burners(small round ones) with good results now, except they are freakin LOUD. 3/8 valve doubles the price!
Thanks in advance.

The 1/4" ASCO valves will work well on 5+ PSI gas, you might want to check on STC brand valves as they are usually cheaper than the ASCO's for same size. I use a 1/4" parker brand valve connected with 1/4" od tubing and have no problems with the same 4" cast iron burner under the boiler with gas system running at 10PSI.

Kladue,

Thanks for the info, I have read MANY of your posts on related matters so trust your opinion. I will check into STC, but ebay has had limited numbers of those lately. Will look new.

Back