regulator troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxbing

Reaction score
When I turn off the tank should the high pressure gauge drop down to 0 over time. This happens even when the shut off valves on all of my manifold outputs are closed.

I can't find any leaks and the low pressure gauge never moves

thanks

the high pressure gauge depletes when there's no Co2 coming out of the tank and any "free" pressure in your lines/keg is gone, in my experience.

the high pressure gauge depletes when there's no Co2 coming out of the tank and any "free" pressure in your lines/keg is gone, in my experience.

I have a new 2keg system and I was pressure testing it this week after replacing all the seals and prior to actually using it. I was shutting off the tank valve and ensuring that the regulator pressure didn't change as a test. The post reg pressure is stable at ~11psi after 24 hours; however over the course of ~30 min the hi pressure gauge was at zero. I assume this is due to the extremely low volume of High pressure gas that is trapped between the tank shutoff and the regulator coupled with things as simple as temperature fluctuations as the refrigerator cycles on and off, barometric pressure, and the gremlin that feeds my paranoia as a first time keg owner/user. Does that sound about right.

in essence, don't worry about it, have a beer and relax?:drunk:

thanks,
Brian

Have you tried to give the set up a dive in a large water jug? I had a leak I couldn't find until I submerged the tank plus regulator in a large water bucket

Back