Winter Seasonal Beer Holiday Spiced Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like a good recipe for the upcoming holidays. I would like to try this, but replace the ginger with nutmeg. Thoughts?

What's the process of fermentation on a beer like this? I have a fermentation chamber that I control Temps around room Temp or below. I've never done a beer that sit longer than a month...do you let it sit in primary for a few weeks then move to keg let it sit then carb it let it sit and then drink?

Anyone get impatient and crack this one early (as well as at the proper age)? I am interested in doing this one for around Christmas but obviously at this point I don't have 60 days left to age...

What's the process of fermentation on a beer like this? I have a fermentation chamber that I control Temps around room Temp or below. I've never done a beer that sit longer than a month...do you let it sit in primary for a few weeks then move to keg let it sit then carb it let it sit and then drink?

I always transfer to keg after about a month and let it sit in that. It makes it easy to take samples so I can decide when it is "ready".

Back