Research for university home brewing project.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duncangordon

Reaction score
Hi there folks,

My name is Duncan and I am a student at the University of Dundee, Scotland, and a (I like to think so) budding brewer. For my final year honours project I am looking into home brew kits and brewing. Specifically the relationship one has with the kit and the social side of home brewing.

It would be really helpful and incredibly insightful if you could fill out this anonymous survey that takes 3 minutes to fill out! I swear it's not spam but just genuine personal research as with home brewing being a somewhat obscure past time it is difficult to get access to a diverse group of brewers.

You can find the survey here: https://duncanstuartgordon.typeform.com/to/kgzMGu (hope you don't mind admin, please get in touch if you do)

If you have any questions for me before you fill it out or simply want to know a bit more about the project feel free to send me a message or post in the thread!

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Duncan Gordon

Duncan, I'm interested in hearing about you. You mentioned that you are a budding brewer...are you a homebrewer? How long have you brewed? What beers do you like to brew? Are you a member of any other homebrew forums or a homebrew club?

Hi Teromous,

I've loved beer and almost collected it since the age of about 19 - once I got over the fact that it gets you drunk. I moved away from the likes of Budweiser and Corona and onto curating as many different styles and flavours of beer/craft beer into my arsenal as possible. I only started actually brewing however in June of this year but I cannot get enough of it now. I am part of a home brew club in Edinburgh run by a great home brew store there. I am also part of a forum called Jim's Beer Kit. Both this and Jim's are seem to be great places to learn and meet other brewers.

What about you? Have you been brewing long? One piece of advice for a brewer starting out?

Duncan

Hi Teromous,

I've loved beer and almost collected it since the age of about 19 - once I got over the fact that it gets you drunk. I moved away from the likes of Budweiser and Corona and onto curating as many different styles and flavours of beer/craft beer into my arsenal as possible. I only started actually brewing however in June of this year but I cannot get enough of it now. I am part of a home brew club in Edinburgh run by a great home brew store there. I am also part of a forum called Jim's Beer Kit. Both this and Jim's are seem to be great places to learn and meet other brewers.

What about you? Have you been brewing long? One piece of advice for a brewer starting out?

Duncan

Hey Duncan, it sounds like you're having a blast just starting out. My biggest recommendation is to just stay connected with the community. I'm always learning something new no matter if it is a new brewer or an old-timer. Being in the US I am always interested to read stories about people in other countries who homebrew. I hope to see you around the forums long after your project is complete. :mug:

Back