recomendations for first fruit wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VirginiaDrew

Reaction score
I have brewed beer, and now looking to get into the wine game. I am looking for a very detailed recipe of the easiest fruit (preferable berry) wine to make. I have seen a lot of recipes, but I just want a simple good quick ageing recipe. Any suggestions, also any hints or tips. I have read all over that other site with all recipes and the grape background, can’t remember the name. Jacks maybe. Well any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm a frugal guy ... for me, the best berries are the ones that I pick ... or the ones that are in season and consequently cheapest at the store.

If the cost works for you, blueberries are a nice choice. Try and use a recipe that keeps the blueberry content high and the water content not too high.
Blueberry wine where tannin is added is a wine that comes close to some of the flavor profiles and aging characteristics of grape wine.

Cranberries are in season and they'll get cheap after thanksgiving/Christmas

Mine has just been transferred from primary but I don't expect to drink it before a year besides my quality control samples

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going with the normal blueberry wine recepie and the frozen strawberry wine. Any thoughts on this.

Back