Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what its worth, I like Brew'd with the apostrophe. Reason being is that I read it with a Scottish accent and to an American, such as myself, it stands out when something is Brew'd in Scotland vs Brewed or Brewd in Scotland, it has more appeal and charm, perhaps a lucky charm...lol...:D

That's awesome. It would phonetically sound something like 'brood in Scotland', with a Scottish accent. Perhaps it's the same when we read Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn in which he recorded the colloquialisms of his time. Yes it's true, these idioms do hold a certain fascination and a charm. :mug:

Here is one taken from a very old cigarette advertisement that's had the text removed and the image enhanced.

MSK_chess_gallaher_11.png

This one is taken from a painting by Scottish artist John Duncan. Painted in 1912 it illustrates ancient Celtic legend of Tristan and Isolde. Colours have been heightened. :)

Cali_porter_label.jpg

I thought I would post a couple of others. Friends, I share my beer with, will refer to the label when telling me how much they liked a beer or more to the point, if I have any more of 'that one'. I do enjoy brewing and the labels are just fun to make. I might add, I just print mine on bond recycled paper and apply them with a water based glue stick. Easy to wash off when reusing the bottles.

ChocoStout copy.jpg

IrishRedLabel 1 copy.jpg

MSK; I like your idea on my theme! From what I have read the original movie, Godzilla, was released around 1953 or 1954.

btw if anyone wants these designs personalised or the images free of text so you can create your own please let me know and I will upload them to google drive for you to download at your pleasure. ;)

For an upcoming brew I am working on, a session pale ale using mostly only Jester Hops.

The style is old photo mixed with a take on an old "The Fool" tarot card. Had to look it up myself but the card always includes a person thoughtlessly doing something at the edge of a cliff, and also a dog.

gEIeNZ4.jpg

For a brew that is lagering now, nothing too fancy but I think that's where I am at these days. I'm all about a much more simplistic feel/approach lately. When I get around to printing them, will post of pic of it on a bottle

Ofest.jpg

For an upcoming brew I am working on, a session pale ale using mostly only Jester Hops.

The style is old photo mixed with a take on an old "The Fool" tarot card. Had to look it up myself but the card always includes a person thoughtlessly doing something at the edge of a cliff, and also a dog.

gEIeNZ4.jpg

I love that one, very very nicely done!

Back