Dumb question but..........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comos

Reaction score
I'm going to bottle my first batch tonight. I bought a kit, and have 4oz of corn sugar for priming and the little directioins sheet i got from the homebrew store didnt say anything about boiling it with water (which i have seen before). Can anyone direct me as what to do? Initial thoughs from reading the sheet is to just dump it in the bottleing bucket, but would boiling with a cup of water be better? First bottleing process, so i appologize for the content of the question.

Boil about a cup of water, add the priming sugar to it, mix it up until disolved, let it cool a bit, and add it to the bottling bucket after you get about an inch of beer into the bucket. Add it slowly and carefully, and if you've got your siphon hose on the bottom of the bucket, it should mix the sugar into the beer evenly.

Boil it in a cup or so of water first, pour it into the botling bucket and then siphon the beer on it so it mixes.

Comos said:
I'm going to bottle my first batch tonight. I bought a kit, and have 4oz of corn sugar for priming and the little directioins sheet i got from the homebrew store didnt say anything about boiling it with water (which i have seen before). Can anyone direct me as what to do? Initial thoughs from reading the sheet is to just dump it in the bottleing bucket, but would boiling with a cup of water be better? First bottleing process, so i appologize for the content of the question.

Definitely boil it with water. See John Palmer's description of the process at How to Brew

Back