Going to Stillwater, MN for Thanksgiving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanuswalrus

Reaction score
So I'm going to Stillwater / Oak Park Hts, MN to visit the grandparents this week for Thanksgiving. I'm from Chicago, so I'm looking to grab some good local stuff while I'm up there. I know Toppling Goliath distributes up there so that is definitely on the top of my list. Also trying to score some Odell.

Anybody from this area that can suggest some bottle shops/liquor stores as close to Stillwater as possible that have good availability on these beers? I've used the beer locator on both of these breweries websites and I see a few places up in that area (Haskell's, Cub Foods, Casanova in Hudson, WI).. just looking for any suggestions from actual people that have experience finding beer up in that area. Wouldn't hurt to know when certain shops receive their shipments of the good stuff either.

Driving up w/ my parents so I won't have much time to stray from the family. That's why I'm looking to stay as close to Stillwater as possible. Also, any other good beers I should grab while I'm up there? Preferably stuff you can't find in Chicago. I know Surly is up there, but we get plenty of Surly down here in Chicagoland. I would like to check out their tap room, but I think that's going to be a long shot due to time restrictions/family obligations.

I'm not familiar with the stores in the area but there is Lift Bridge Brewery which I've been to and think they have great beer. There is also apparently Maple Island Brewery but I have not been there or had their beer so I cannot comment on it although they are only a year old.

+1 on Cassanova's

I dont know of a good bottle shop in Stillwater, You will probably have to travel into the cities to find one.
Its not sexy, but there is a Total Wine in Woodbury. They will have pretty much anything thats available in MN.

I just remembered! Elevated Beer, Wine and Spirits opened a store in White Bear Lake. That's fairly close to Stillwater. Great store!
Keep in mind it's MN. No beer/wine in grocery stores, liquor stores are closed on Sundays.

Just scored a ton of TG at Casanovas but they don't carry Odell.. May have to check Haskell's later

Back