no power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobrew

Reaction score
I transferred my brew into the seconday and was suppose to bottle this past Sunday. Well we live in an area that got slamed by the ice stormwill not have power for at least 2 weeks. Will it be OK? I will have heat on and off until we get power.

I wouldn't worry about it. I leave my beer in secondary for weeks sometimes a month or two. It'll actually provide some benefit to clarity and flavor (many arguments exist about how much benefit) and will certainly will not harm your brew.

Good Luck with the Beer and the Power...my parents live in NH and also got slammed with that same storm last week. They have been told that they may not have power until after the first of the year:(.. Keep warm!

Beer will be fine. The yeast will sleep until they get warm again. You'll have to compensate for length of time they are cold, but beyond that, everything should be good.

Latest posts

Back