Chicken Pot Pie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've had rabbit pot pie. it was really god...especially when it costs $16 from an expensive restaurant. chicken pot pie can be good, i guess. i just don't understand why i would buy something frozen that i have to heat up in the oven for almost an hour when i can cook a pizza in 20.

Pot pie is one of the greatest things ever. They make a decent one at the CostCo where they make the ready-to-cook stuff back by the meat dept. We get that a couple times a month. Feeds the three of us dinner and I usually get a couple lunches out of it to take to work with me.

Pot pie (home made) is fantastical. You can make chili and cornbread potpie, gumbo potpie, caramelized onion and blue cheese potpie, or just plain old chicken potpie.Home Brew Forums

60fill tartlettes.jpg

45finished stew.jpg

85plated.jpg

Are you attaching them or putting them inline with the tags?

And I totally agree with Laurel- YOU vs. Marie Calendars. YOU wins everytime.

Pot pie rocks. My wife made one from a recipe in the "Barefoot Contessa" cookbook... scrumptious. In fact all of her recipes have been delicious. Not heart friendly though.

Onion pie crust!? Never had it but it sounds really good.

yeah. it is a recipe I developed over time while finding out ways to use leftovers. Just caramelize some onion and add a handful of shredded cheddar to the crust dough before rolling out.

simple.
sounds special and I could add $1.25 to the price and get it. :)

Can't beat my grandmas (RIP) home made pot pie- She'd start the night before, and then would let me help roll and cut the home made noodles- and everything was from scratch!

Chicken Pot Pie is my favorite. I can eat those $1.50 specials from the store, but I really LOVE the homemade stuff. I"m not picky about what's in it either.

I've never had rabbit pot pie, but I have had rabbit stew once. I used to hunt rabbits when I was younger, but we always just fried them.

I'm going to have to get the book out and make me some pot pies this weekend.

You'ns don't know how to make pot pie. If'n ya did, you'd know you can only make it with ham. Sure, I love me a good meat pie, but I've only met 3 people who can make a decent pot pie: My granmother, my mother, and me. And the third one is debatable.

Back