First PM brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
Cheap and ugly mash tun:
DSC_0004-1.jpg

Boil:
DSC_0017.jpg

Some idiot adding hops and stirring:
DSC_0015-1.jpg

Rig at work:
DSC_0007.jpg

My Pumpkin Ale (Thunderstruck recipe) for refreshment for all my hard work:
DSC_0009.jpg

New Counterflow Chiller waiting to pop its cherry:
DSC_0008.jpg

CFC water output temp:
DSC_0020.jpg

CFC Beer output temp:
DSC_0024.jpg

OG Gravity reading (1.054... damn near per recipe):
DSC_0022.jpg

Cold break going into the new fermentation cabinet:
DSC_0027.jpg

Many props to SWMBO for today... I was supposed to be working on a closet re-do and cooking dinner for her and her offspring, and instead I got plenty of time for a 1st PM brew... Then again she is the one who got me into homebrew with my first kit, I blame her completely...

:mug:

DSC_0027.jpg

Sweet Jesus! Is that what coldbreak is supposed to look like? My ***** little immersion chiller needs to get some balls! That's bad ass! :rockin:

I have to give credit to Whirlfloc, and the new CFC on this... I had one using my I.C. that looked closed to this... It is freakin awesome to see though...

"Non-Alcoholic beer is like going down on your cousin, it might taste the same but it just ain’t right!"

Now That's funny right there...I don't care who ya are...LOL

Cool setup! Sorry for the pun. I just had one question. I know there are no stupid questions, but could you explain or show how you re-circulate the water using the pump. How is it setup? How does it work?

I prefer to use the recirculating ice water method... Tend to waste less water that way... I also have free access to an ice machine, so that helps with the $$$ aspect....

Here is a link to another thread about the setup : Here ya go...

Lemme know if you have any more questions...

I have to give credit to Whirlfloc, and the new CFC on this... I had one using my I.C. that looked closed to this... It is freakin awesome to see though...

yeah man whirlfloc is awesome, i used it for the first time on my last brew and i have never had that much cold break before i was amazed.

Back