My Brother

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
My dad took my brother to the ER this morning because he had been having cheast pains for about two days, and he wasn't getting an better. He went downhill fast shortly after they arrived......long story short, he had a massive coronary right there, and his heart stopped for about five minutes. His was a ventricular attack......the only reason he survived was because he happened to be in the ER of a fine hospital at the time.

So, they installed a stent, and everything appared to be fine. They were concerned about brain damage, due to the amount of time his brain went without blood. Before he left, a nurse told our dad that looking at his puplis, he looked to be coming around normally......no brain damage, as we understood.

I just got off the phone with my dad an hour ago, and the hospital called him. My brother is having seizures.....signs are showing brain damage. :(
He is now on life support.

The guy means the world to me. I've never felt so ****ing helpless in my life. Please send your best thoughts to my big brother.

My thoughts are with you and your family in this tragic time. With any luck your brother will pull through and be able to lead a normal life.

Speechless SwAMi. My thoughts are with your brother, you and the rest of your family. Difficult times and a rollercoaster on the emotions but keep the faith that he'll come out of this 100% with time.

Dad just called back.......the hospital called, and he's slipping. They're going to install a catheter (sp?) as a last ditch effort. Things are not looking good.

This is a nightmare. :(

I don't have any siblings, so I can't really relate on the same level, but damn man... hang in there.

My prayers are with you bro. I just found out my close friend was hit and killed by a cement truck while biking to class. **** week for a lot of us.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts......it means a lot. I've never lost anyone close to me, and for this to happen to him of all people has been absolutely devestating.

We did not expect him to make it through the night last night, but he did. He's still in a coma, though. The big question now is the extent of his brain damage if/when he comes to. We drove out here (Tulsa) this morning to see him.....now, we wait and hope for the best.

Thanks again for the support. :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I lost my younger brother and know what it is like to be in your shoes. Good Luck and God Bless!

You tell him that if he dies you will revive him, chew him a new a-hole for daring to die on you, then kill him again!!

I hope he pulls through.

Sorry to hear about this man...this is definitely a time that requires prayer.....we're all thinking of you and your family! God watch over your brother!

Quick update...he's still in a coma, but his heart is working on its own now. Hopefully testing over the next couple days will give us some news one way or the other as to the condition of his brain.

I'm up here with family now. This has been especially hard on our dad...I've never seen him upset like this. But, at least we're able to deal with this together. This guy truly means to world to all of us.

Thanks once again for your support. I've found that as long as I'm able to keep talking and/or typing about it, I'm better able to deal.

That sounds pretty positive. My brother was in a coma for a while after a car accident. He had a fairly long recovery, but he did recover. Hopefully things work out

Keep strong, Swami. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Stay strong for your dad and the rest of your family. We'll keep thinking positive thoughts.

Any bit of good news is great news. Hang in there bro.

Your brother sounds like a great guy. Anytime you'd like to share a story or a pic...we'd love to know him better....

Just keep positive man. I know it's hard at times, but it's the best thing you can do. Keep typing and keep venting your feelings. We're all here to listen.

My thoughts and prayers are with your brother, you and your entire family. I lost my oldest brother a few years ago in a car accident. It is devistating. I will continue to pray for your brother's full recovery.

Back