Irish Stout Ó Flannagáin Standard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO, I have brewed this beer a couple of times. I never really saw it as a stout so much as a slightly roasty black ale. NO MATTER, it is a damn good beer!!!
But as of today i think it is my favorite home brew by far.

Many of you know my family recently lost everything in a fire. House, business, brew gear, everything. The rebuild of life is slow. But life does go on.

ENTER MY NEPHEW

Somewhere on this site is a post or two about helping my nephew get started brewing a couple years back. He had a Christmas kit, and i helped him and his wife take the first leap. What got him interested in the first place was THIS BEER. I had made a batch, and he liked this brew so much that he took the leap and joined the club.

WELL, i am without home brew since the fire - and getting my brew gear back up AIN'T exactly first priority. But it don't stop me from Jone'sing a little! So, out of the blue up pops the nephew tonight, with 2-1/2 cases of THIS BEER. Seems he brewed it right after the fire. Fermented it, Kegged it. Gave it a couple weeks of conditioning, and put it up in bottles so i could enjoy it from the fridge in our temporary digs.

This beer is always tasty. but this is the BEST DAMN BEER I HAVE EVER TASTED.

Thanks kid! Thanks to the long missing Mr O. This really is a damn good beer night for me!

Great story. Good luck with the rebuild and enjoy them beers.
Unfortunately we don't have any 300 SRM roasted barley where I'm from so not possible for me to brew the exact beer.

Latest posts

Back