IT Managers that Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sippin37

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys out there? I work for an IT reseller selling technology products from PC's to Servers... cables to KVM's, etc. all day long and find that my most enjoyable conversations are surrounding homebrewing. In fact, my favorite client is on this forum as well and we've shared several of our own homebrew creations despite being a 20-hour drive apart (shhhhh... don't tell UPS, they are just "yeast samples").

I was just hoping to find a few more people in the same boat as us that love to talk beer/homebrewing to help make the day go by a little better at work. Also, to bounce some ideas off eachother when it comes to brewing and find ways to improve our craft.

Thanks and cheers!

- Jim

Jim you should post more....

But yes I am the customer, I deal with Jim daily. His company has some of the fastest turn around on orders I've ever saw. Free shipping is a plus! We have bought everything from Laptops to UPS, to Racks to servers.

Also it's nice to talk about beer and not business some of the time.

We had a vendor come out awhile back to show us some of their new stuff. I got to the meeting room early and setup the projector with my laptop, then started up BeerAlchemy to tweak a recipe for the weekend. Vendor walked in and saw that on the screen, which kicked off a long conversation about brewing. Seems like a lot of people in IT are into it.

Involved in IT since Windows 3.11 ... Homebrewing gets me away from that world into a much more down to earth process...

I am an IT manager. But I work in a small machine shop.

I've found many of the vendors are willing to talk about lots of things, from hockey to football, beer, brewing, cars... Whatever you are into.

I am an IT manager for a Managed Services Company. I always talk about brewing in the NOC and have even got some of my coworkers into brewing.

I've been in the IT industry for about 7 years. Started as a programming tutor at a college, got a desktop job there, and then got promoted to being a computer programmer (web/database development).

My real job (homebrewing) I've been doing now for about 8 months!

Cheers, fellow geeks!

Well I guess there are quite a few of you guys out there! If you're at your "real" job, and want to talk homebrewing shoot me an email at jwilliams at mnjtech dot com. I'd love an opportunity to earn some of your IT business and in the meantime share some brews. I got a Belgian Dubbel bottled currently and am about a week away from bottling a Sweet Stout recipe that someone on HBT created, the wort sample was delicious!

I guess it's back to my desk job of trying to sell technology products, but I'll be dreaming of the day when I can be brewing and "sampling" recipes all day long!!! :D

Back