Burned Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aushow

Reaction score
I think I read all the Keezer posts on here before building this Keezer. Thanks for the inspiration and tips!

glorious_glossy_glaerous_tap_tray.JPG

IMG_01134.JPG

IMG_01105.JPG

IMG_01052.JPG

IMG_01003.JPG

I read the title of the post prior to clicking and was worried that this was more of a bad news post and I was very surprised... Nicely done!

Wow, looks like an upright piano (hmmm, that gives me an idea...)

What are those 3 black panels (two on front, one on side)? Vents for the walls of the freezer? If so, good idea. I've wondered about the efficiency of freezers when the walls are covered with wood.

Wow, looks like an upright piano (hmmm, that gives me an idea...)

What are those 3 black panels (two on front, one on side)? Vents for the walls of the freezer? If so, good idea. I've wondered about the efficiency of freezers when the walls are covered with wood.

Yes those are vents for the freezer walls.. There are casters underneath that give about .5 inches of air space. I figured the heat would vent out the top and pull cool from the bottom.

Wow. That's a Keezer my wife would let me have inside the house! Nice job.

Thanks! That was my goal.. My GF doesn't drink beer so to have it in the house, it had to pass as a piece of furniture she would want to look at.

Holy crap I almost spilled my beer when I saw this thing. That is nothing but amazing. Well done and I'm already planning on stealing a few of your ideas. Wow...

Holy crap I almost spilled my beer when I saw this thing. That is nothing but amazing. Well done and I'm already planning on stealing a few of your ideas. Wow...

This is high praise indeed! Almost made you spill your beer! lol:rockin:

Beautiful. I really like how it not only looks like furniture, but has a functional built in drip tray! I assume you sealed the daylights out of it.

Beautiful. I really like how it not only looks like furniture, but has a functional built in drip tray! I assume you sealed the daylights out of it.

Yep the drip tray works great. I sealed it with poly-pour and have had no problems with it. I was actually able to form a lip with the poly-pour by taping the front of the tray and leaning the entire keezer foward about 45 degrees.... let the poly almost dry then removed the tape and set it back flat.

That's probably the most stylish keezer that I have ever seen! Great to know the technique for pouring a drip tray. Exactly what is poly-pour, do you have an exact brand name?

Wife wants to know what kind of dog is the exercise pen for? We have much more invested in ex pens and cages than in my beer making.

That's probably the most stylish keezer that I have ever seen! Great to know the technique for pouring a drip tray. Exactly what is poly-pour, do you have an exact brand name?

Wife wants to know what kind of dog is the exercise pen for? We have much more invested in ex pens and cages than in my beer making.

I'm guessing boxer :)

I'm sorry, the pictures aren't showing up for me. I'm going to need you to build another one and ship it to me for closer inspection. :)

I believe the poly stuff I used was glaze coat
http://www.biosafe-inc.com/glazecoat.htm
I got it at Home Depot....

We actually use the cage as a retractable fence for our 3 dogs... it keeps them in the kitchen/back yard while we are gone. 2 boxers and a pit.

Still sick! Dope Upright Bass too! And whatever that face thing is!

Still sick! Dope Upright Bass too! And whatever that face thing is!
Thanks! I recently added cold filtered water from the wet bar. It flows into a corny and works on the city water pressure. Another tap has carbonated water. I fill it and hook it to the CO2... Of course there is beer in there as well:)

Thanks! I recently added cold filtered water from the wet bar. It flows into a corny and works on the city water pressure. Another tap has carbonated water. I fill it and hook it to the CO2... Of course there is beer in there as well:)

Awesome man! Water is also important!

I am in AWE of this keezer build. I'm going to be happy just building a collar and then wrapping the body in "weathered wood" contact paper to make it look like a ship's chest or something.

Back