A Christmas Miracle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
I was sitting here tonight lamenting having to wait another week for the IPA in the kegerator to finish carbing when I happened a glance into the refrigerator. Low and behold, before my very eyes appears the last of my IPAs that I bottled some 8 months ago :ban:! Where did it come from? What did it want? Jimmy crack corn and I don't care, I drank it :mug:. No lie it was the best IPA that I have ever had. Of course, I've never waited 8 months to drink it before. It had just the right amount of grapefruitiness, just the right amount of bitterness :rockin:. But alas I am now sad once again as it is all gone :(.

That is cool. Congrats and glad you enjoyed the brew. Wish I had an old beer lying around somewhere.

Except for an RIS I've got hybernating all of the beer I have from awhile ago is crappy. That's why it's still around. That's one thing that kegging has taken away from me though. I don't have old bottles lying around. I need to remember to bottle 12 off of every keg to keep in the closet for future investigations!

X-mas miracle indeed!

I was sitting here tonight lamenting having to wait another week for the IPA in the kegerator to finish carbing when I happened a glance into the refrigerator. Low and behold, before my very eyes appears the last of my IPAs that I bottled some 8 months ago . Where did it come from? What did it want? Jimmy crack corn and I don't care, I drank it :mug:. No lie it was the best IPA that I have ever had. Of course, I've never waited 8 months to drink it before. It had just the right amount of grapefruitiness, just the right amount of bitterness :rockin:. But alas I am now sad once again as it is all gone :(.

Don't know how you are Carbing, but here's what I do. It takes me 3 days to carb a Keg. I set the PSI to 30 for 48 Hours, then I set it to 15 for 24. I usually Fine Tune from there. After my 24 hour period at 15 PSI, I have drinkable, Carbonated beer.:mug:

Don't know how you are Carbing, but here's what I do. It takes me 3 days to carb a Keg. I set the PSI to 30 for 48 Hours, then I set it to 15 for 24. I usually Fine Tune from there. After my 24 hour period at 15 PSI, I have drinkable, Carbonated beer.:mug:

Good Advice! That's about what I do. I set it at 20-30 for 2 or 3 days, drop to 10 for a day and serve. I'll be trying it for the first time tonight. We'll see! Santa needs some IPA with his cookies!

I made sure my blind pig clone was ready for tonight been in my kegerator now for a little over a week, with 5 taps theres no need for me to rush carbing a beer

Back