My Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
I know removing labels is a pain but I think a label just adds to the appearence. I use a home computer I print 9 labels to a A4 sheet. I am thinking of using thicker paper as it tends to disolve before it peels off.

I do not go into flashy designs just make type and bottle date (Try and demonstrate)

Tooheys

DRAUGHT

Bottled​

I print the labels when its conveniant and just stamp the date when I do the bottling.

I find an ordinary paper glue with spots applied to the corners holds it on and in water they fall off.

I am experimenting with a fountain pump as a bottle washer

Milk works well as a label adhesive - just paint it on with a brush.

Also, if you spray the label with hairspray or some other type of clear coat, it won't dissolve the printing or the paper if you get the label wet. Just allow to dry before applying.

I don't use labels - I just print out 3/4" circular labels (available in office supply stores) and use a laser printer to get the info on the label. If you use small font, you can get a lot of info on there - name, type, abv, IBU, etc.

Back