Wine from grapes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
Now I was wondering how many pounds of grapes it would take to make 3 gallons of wine. Anyone out there crush their own? Where do you get them from?

i have a fence full of mustang grapes (unknown species). I don't press the grapes because i like to bottle a bunch of the juice for nonalcoholic purposes, it takes around 60lbs steamed to get 3 gallons give or take.

the times i have used a press took about a 5 gallon bucket with stems to get a little under a gallon. i would estimate it was between 20-30lbs worth. i did some wine with those last year.

it was hobo wine though, so i just used some bakers yeast and and a couple of two liter pop bottles. i might as well have called it cellblock 13 because it taste like it was done in a toilet.

now that i have been introduced to some proper techniques i will be making some better stuff this year.

Latest posts

Back