St Paddy's roll call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
What are you serving? I'll have Dry Stout and Irish Red on the taps. Commercially, I'll have Beamish and SA Irish Ale available. I'm excited about the homebrew though, both FG samples tasted great!
:mug:

we're off to a friend's place for dinner, big irish-ameican family, taking a case of home brew dry stout (which has been great so far), and will probably take a six of my first lager (although it won't have been in bottles long at that point)

Sadly, no stouts or red homebrews, yet. I will have to stick to the commercial stuff.

Greg

My Mocha Java Stout will be on tap, though green at 3 weeks. I'll also have an IPA and an ESB (or a Brown Ale if the ESB gets kicked).

I have nothing but Lake Walk and smoked porter. St. Paddy's day is going to be a bummer this year--the whole base (air force) is going to be in an exercise, so all of my friends are working.

It just so happens to be my day off though, so I bought a brisket that I'm going to start marinating in traditional spices (even though corned beef really isn't traditional Irish food) and have a corned beef and cabbage feast with a few guinnesses. All by my lonesome at Bratwursts and Shillelaghs. ;)

i've got a toasty irish ale on tap now, already kegged the dry stout, but letting it age another week before it gets put under the gas. but st. paddy's isn't at my house, so it's all mine!!!! :ban:

uglygoat said:
i've got a toasty irish ale on tap now, already kegged the dry stout, but letting it age another week before it gets put under the gas. but st. paddy's isn't at my house, so it's all mine!!!! :ban:

Where does the toasty aspect come from? I'd like that in my Red's as well...

If you are looking for something else besides beer that is cool, do a search for Irish Flag Shots. Three types of liqour and each stays separated in the color of the Irish Flag. I got pretty jacked up on those a couple years ago.

Nothing special for St. Patty's day. I'll probably still have my sweet imperial stout and my APA on tap. Sounds like I'll be mackin' on the stout.

the toasty came from about half a pound of biscuit. i used a splash of roast barely for the reddish hue.

The Homebrews
Irish Red
Burnt Porter (tastes more like a stout)
Brown Porter (2 kinds)
The commercial
Guinness
Smith'icks
Harp
Weihenstephan Hefeweiss
Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter
Flying Dog Horn Dog Barley Wine
Unibroue Maudite
Unibroue La Terrible
Pils Urquell
Spaten Optimator
Koningshoeven Dubbel
Koningshoeven Quad
Ommegang Three Philosophers
Avery The Reverend
St. Bernardus Abt 12
Stone The Guardian
Lion Stout
Sam Adams Longshot - Weizenbock
Rogue Dead Guy Ale (64oz Growler)

Fairly sure that's everything....... yeah we'll have some fun.....

(BTW, is it obvious we like big beers?)

commercial stuff, but celebrating early this weekend in Boston (apparently this is the weekend boston is doing it??) at the Harpoon Brewery. Gonna add a notch to my brewery belt.

Back