Spot the Space Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be next Saturday before a passing here will be high enough and long enough to try (79° and 5 minutes).
Until then the only passes are down in the 20°s and 30°s...

Cheers!

Yeah, unless the track is just a wee bit south of my house it'll get lost in the neighbors 100+ foot pines for anything below "straight up".
Wide open exposure to the south though, which matters more to me, but even so, picking out a suitcase size object at 30° is gonna be a tough deal...

Cheers!

I dunno, if an HBT member managed to grab an actual pic from their 'scope I would definitely be impressed and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one...

Cheers!

Woohoo!
Holes are gonna be dug one way or the other - hopefully in the ocean, but one never knows!
Happy about the fairly civilized window opening...

Considering they poured an imperial crapton of concrete then laid an angled sheet of crazy thick steel down on top and will deluge the works with water, I suspect if anything they may have overkilled that particular problem. Still, mayhem is still possible :rock:

Last time the rocks and stuff thrown from the pad area created havoc. I hope they learned from that.

Let's see how many Raptor engines don't light. I didn't research this much, but I'm guessing it's empty. They will need all those raptor engines burning when they are lifting loads of Tesla Cybertrucks to Mars

iirc the handful of Raptors that blinked out were damaged from pad debris, so if the redesigned pad holds they should get closer to 33 of 33. But we'll see!

Everything they have done so far at Starbase is truly exciting and amazing. A second launch is still experimental considering all the improvements they have made since the first launch. It'll be a few more launches before they nail it down.

iirc the handful of Raptors that blinked out were damaged from pad debris, so if the redesigned pad holds they should get closer to 33 of 33. But we'll see!

Imma gonna find me some Rolling Rock beer to celebrate. That mystery "33" on the back of the bottle.

(lots of theories. I like that it commemorates the repeal of prohibition, 1933. But now...)

1700098754145.png

Liftoff is VERY good. It will give you a new appreciation of SpaceX, believe me.
Thanks for the tip, I have no doubts the book will be great. I've been following SpaceX from the beginning and it's the one thing I follow almost daily, HBT too. I'm in Florida at least twice a year and always get to see a launch or just to see one of the boosters come in to port. It never gets old!

Thanks for the tip, I have no doubts the book will be great. I've been following SpaceX from the beginning and it's the one thing I follow almost daily, HBT too. I'm in Florida at least twice a year and always get to see a launch or just to see one of the boosters come in to port. It never gets old!
I'm in Florida once a year. I stay for roughly 52 weeks. Hot in the summer, but I like the vibe.

Liftoff is VERY good. It will give you a new appreciation of SpaceX, believe me.
I especially like how it doesn’t gloss over the personal toll success took on the SpaceX staff.
Space is hard in many ways.

Looking forward to Starship!

I’m travelling around at the moment, here’s a distant shot of Rocket Lab LC1 across the bay. They should be back in business shortly.
IMG_9593.jpeg

So, I heard there was an issue between Sir Elon and Youtube, and that the official SpaceX stream would only be on X (the artist formerly known as prince). Any other news on that?

I love the spaceX feed. They have the best duo, guy and gal, every time. Quite knowledgeable, and they fill the gobs of empty air time with excellent chatter, copiously filled with data and stories.

I want to be prepared

Gee, I hope that's not true. My daily viewing is on both Labpadre and NFS, both of are up and running this morning. Maybe the actual SpaceX feed will only be on X.

I do like the SpaceX feed for their commentary as it's folks who work there but sometimes it's tough watching all three for the best shots during a launch.

Time will tell I guess. We might have rely on the daily news feed between who is getting impeached, war bombings or someone in court.

We need a SpaceX channel.

Gee, I hope that's not true. My daily viewing is on both Labpadre and NFS, both of are up and running this morning. Maybe the actual SpaceX feed will only be on X.

I do like the SpaceX feed for their commentary as it's folks who work there but sometimes it's tough watching all three for the best shots during a launch.

Time will tell I guess. We might have rely on the daily news feed between who is getting impeached, war bombings or someone in court.

We need a SpaceX channel.

Well, considering Elon owns both X and SpaceX, I think X is it.

I've been semi-frantically pawing around and so far haven't found anything that suggests the SpaceX Youtube channel won't live stream the launch on Saturday morning. I'm not inclined to subscribe to the freak show that is X...

Cheers!

Back