Organic Fertilizer Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mke_bke

Reaction score
I have seen a few postings but, nithing definite in what kind of organic fertilizer its recommended (other than manure ir soent grains). Any recomendations are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!
Miguel
www.facebook.com/BikeNBrew

Unless you've got really poor soil I wouldn't be too concerned and stick with a balanced, well aged product. If your soil IS poor, you should consider a soil test and look at the micronutrient content results. Some of these, either being deficient or in excess can make a big difference. There's a good article from Oregon State about fertility that (I hope) someone will chime in with~can't find it now. Hoppy Growing!

Never mind: http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/pdf/fg/fg79-e.pdf

My hops love rabbit turds. They require no composting and my garden looks great. I happen to keep meat rabbits so I have a steady supply but you may be able to find someone in the area looking to off load some if you hit craigslist. Might even score it for free and the smell is really minimal to non existent. Just a suggestion.

B-Hoppy said:
Unless you've got really poor soil I wouldn't be too concerned and stick with a balanced, well aged product. If your soil IS poor, you should consider a soil test and look at the micronutrient content results. Some of these, either being deficient or in excess can make a big difference. There's a good article from Oregon State about fertility that (I hope) someone will chime in with~can't find it now. Hoppy Growing!

Never mind: http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/pdf/fg/fg79-e.pdf

Thank you B-Hoppy! Our soil seems to be good. I only tested Ph and got a 7...I did use a combination of sheep, goat and cow manure around the mounds...very lighlyt when I planted...

RoughandReadyRanch said:
My hops love rabbit turds. They require no composting and my garden looks great. I happen to keep meat rabbits so I have a steady supply but you may be able to find someone in the area looking to off load some if you hit craigslist. Might even score it for free and the smell is really minimal to non existent. Just a suggestion.

Thanks R&RR...how often do you apply it?
Thanks again!
Miguel

Latest posts

Back