Sweetwater Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
This atlanta brewery is getting pretty popular here in the southeast, don't know if you guys have tried it but the Sweetwater 420 extra pale ale is pretty tasty. Anyone else tried it? Check out thier site www.sweetwaterbrew.com.

I haven't tried their IPA yet, the grociery store by my house sells the IPA too, im going to get it now

i like their beer too!!! i'm right outside of atlanta so i've been able to go to their tour and see the place, but it's been a while since i've gone... that's something i need to do again.

I've had both the 420 and the Blue @ Bonnaroo in Tenn and was impressed. They were some of the featured microbrews that the beer stands had. I liked the 420, and thought the blue was nice and refreshing. I might have a different opinion if I try it again with a solid 8 hours of sleep, no drugs in my system, and someplace to sit down out of the 110 degree tenn sun...

mike

That is my home away from home, I've been going there since they open and have become good friends with Kevin and Freddie...

That's it!

I couldn't remember what city I had that in first......Atlanta

I love sweetwater, been drinking it for quite some time. If you catch somebody at their brewery at 4:20 in the morning they will give you a free case. I'm not sure who you catch I just remember a guy telling me that then showing me the goods he had just gotten.

I love the blue, the IPA and the 420. They are the primary beers that turned me onto micro brews when I was younger. Great beers. I often compare them as an east coast sierra nevada.

[/IMG]
seefresh said:
I love sweetwater, been drinking it for quite some time. If you catch somebody at their brewery at 4:20 in the morning they will give you a free case. I'm not sure who you catch I just remember a guy telling me that then showing me the goods he had just gotten.

I love the blue, the IPA and the 420. They are the primary beers that turned me onto micro brews when I was younger. Great beers. I often compare them as an east coast sierra nevada.

+1 I agree completely! I have supported Sweet Water since i first tied Blue a few years back... now 420, IPA, Georgia Brown, and Hummer later I sill love Sweet Water and are proud to say that they are from GA. They are probably my favorite micro brewery, and of a matter of fact I am enjoying the IPA right now!!!
:drunk:

IMG_0243.jpg

i haven't tried the IPA yet, i can't find it here in Panama City, but i did try the Hummer last night but I didn't like it, so far i just like the 420 and the blue

JBrady said:
i haven't tried the IPA yet, i can't find it here in Panama City, but i did try the Hummer last night but I didn't like it, so far i just like the 420 and the blue

That's a shame. I think the IPA is the best Sweetwater makes. Honestly I wasn't too impressed by the 420 or the blue, I would probably pick up a Terrapin Rye before the 420 if I wanted to buy local.

I like the beers by Atlanta Brewing Company better as a whole, can you get those down there? Probably not as I think they are a smaller brewery. I will get these beers on tap as the labels are way to hard for me to remove:D

Back