Upstate NY Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings! I've been a lurker on here ever since I started brewing this summer and I must say, everyone on here is a wealth of knowledge. I just wanted to briefly introduce myself. I am currently a college student at Albany College of Pharmacy finishing up my degree to become a Medical Technologist. Once I found out that there was a huge relationship between microbiology/chemistry with brewing I was all in.
I thought that being new and all I would be looked down upon by the homebrew community (Im only 21 after all what do I know about beer?) and nobody would want to sample my simple extract brews. I couldn't have been more wrong. Everyone I've met has been very patient with my dumb questions and even will go out of their way to sample my brew (complete with compliments and constructive criticism).
Thanks again to all the brewers who've been patient with the newer guys and I hope that this is something I stick with for the rest of my life (or at least until the doctor tells me that I have a problem).

Cheers!
Wendell

Hey Wendell,

I live across the river in Troy (I'm a graduate student at Saint Rose) and my roommate and I are into brewing. We should meet up for a beer and talk about the craft.

(Also, there is a pretty nice homebrew store, Homebrew Emporium, down the street from us that you should check out!)

Oh nice. I've been there more often recently since I've moved over to partial mashes. It would be great to get together for a brew.

Hey guys, I'm over in East Greenbush maybe 10 minutes from the Homebrew Emporium. I did extract kits with specialty grains for about 1 1/2 years and finally went AG 2 weeks ago. Maybe we can hook up and try each others brew. I have an oatmeal milk stout carbing up in bottles that will be ready next week end ( my last extract/partial mash brew ). I got a AG chinook IPA and a AG nut brown bubbling away right now in primary buckets. Cheers!!

We should definitely meet up. Mahars is a pretty awesome bar if you would like to meet up there. If there's anything closer to the Troy area (that seems to be the middle point) feel free to suggest that instead. My schedule is pretty flexible this week so let me know what works best for you guys.

Mahar's is fantastic. I'm there most Thursdays. I'm also a fan of Brown's. Drop me a PM and we'll figure something out.

Back