My decision

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exo

Reaction score
I have a decision to make as winter is fast-approaching. I've made the initial decision that I will do two upgrades before early summer. A fall project and a winter project. Lagering and Kegging.

Kegging will probably include a portable dispensing system in addition to a kegerator.

Summer will see a sculpture project with 3x15gal vessels and a 15gal primary fermenter.

So what should I begin this fall? The Lagering or the Kegging? I'd like some advice from those that have done both and look back wondering why they didn't do one or the other first.

My equipment consists of a ghetto 2x6-gal plastic bucket AG system, 2 primaries and 4 secondaries doing full-boils. Current ale ferment temps are 67deg.

I vote for kegging first, then lagering project in the winter. You get the benefits of kegging sooner, and your lagers will still be ready for the summer months ahead while you are building your brewing masterpiece.

A man has to have his goals...and his beer.

Back