I have a question about converting a mini fridge to a fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Haier 4.52 cu ft mini fridge and boy was it a ***** to get the door retrofitted. When working on this I ripped the door gasket and had to get a new one from Haier. Two weeks later (today) it arrived. I cut down and sanded the insulation so that it is flush with the door and glued a sheet of Plexiglas over the exposed insulation.

I need to know what kind of adhesive I should use to affix the gasket to the door. I have some automotive adhesive that is used to glue weatherstripping/molding to the door frame on a car. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? or other options?

Thanks,

what you have should work fine. if you want, they make a fooamboard adhesive that is designed for what you are doing. any silicone based adhesive should work, though.

by the way, how is your 90 shilling clone recipe coming? i have been experimenting with a 90 shilling clone for about 6 months, would love to share info.

by the way, how is your 90 shilling clone recipe coming? i have been experimenting with a 90 shilling clone for about 6 months, would love to share info.

Hiya. Sorry for not responding to ya. Well It kinda sorta tastes like it but it is not as malty as O'dells. It has only been in the bottle for a few weeks so I am going to give it more time. Did I show you the recipe I used? How does it compare to yours?

8# marris otter
1/2# crystal (60L)
1# Cara Pils
1/4# Victory
1/2# biscuit
1/4# roasted barley
1oz smoked malt

1oz fuggles
1oz target

1/4 tsp irish moss

white labs edinburg ale yeast ( no starter )
:off:

oh yeah, that is my recipe! i didn't look up at your name. yeah, it is close, but missing something. i think next time, i will omit the smoked malt. i was also thinking of rplacing the carapils with a pound of munich. it would be easier if i coudl get more 90 shilling. i probably won't try again until i get my hands on some.

it may just have too much hops or need to be mashed higher. i converted it to an extract version for a friend and his was closer to the real thing than the AG!

Automotive adhesives are urethane based.
Silicone would also work but can cause metal to corrode which is why it is not used for automotive.

Check the gasket and edge material for compatibility before doing the whole seam.

Back