Bee cave octoberfest ale..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernewb

Reaction score
going to be brewing this week, I'm planning to ferment it at 65 for a week or so, then drop it to 60 for a few weeks like my kolsch (using the same yeast), how long would you age it from that point forward before bottling? It's rare for me to secondary a beer, is this one time I should?

I guess my question is treat it like an ale or a lager? My ales are usually in the primary for 4-5 weeks, then straight to the bottle.

thx.

I also recently did this recipe. I kept it at 67 degrees for the majority of the major fermentation. Then just let it sit for about 3 weeks at 65. After I bottled, I let it sit at 65 for a week, then put it in the fridge.

I also recently did this recipe. I kept it at 67 degrees for the majority of the major fermentation. Then just let it sit for about 3 weeks at 65. After I bottled, I let it sit at 65 for a week, then put it in the fridge.

Do you think it would be good to let it carb up for three weeks before putting it in the fridge?

well, I dont plan on drinking mine for a while, so the slow carbing process for me isnt a factor.

Back