MoreBeer Lite Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gp125racer

Reaction score
I'll be attending a party early in september and want to have some brews ready for 'mass' consumption.

Anybody have any experience with the Lite Ale kit from B3 (Light Ale-Extract | MoreBeer Im just wondering if I should be going one step further down the taste ladder and brewing the American Lite (American Lite - Extract | MoreBeer

Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.

I'll be cracking some open this weekend, I'll let you know how it turned out. From the gravity reading samples, it didn't taste like anything super amazing, but didn't taste bad either.

"It tastes like real beer."

Man you fellas are fast! Thanks for the input. Ill be stopping by the shop tomorrow on the way home and grabbing the Light Ale kit. It's been way too long since I've done a batch ;)

Don

I would consider a late extract addition with that one. That kit was my first batch, and I got some pretty pronounced extract twang in the final product. The kit came with a beginner brewing package. Maybe I didn't have the best LME in the world.

After one more extract beer I went straight to AG, and it doesn't look like I'm turning back.

Man you fellas are fast! Thanks for the input. Ill be stopping by the shop tomorrow on the way home and grabbing the Light Ale kit. It's been way too long since I've done a batch ;)

Don

I did both, I force carb my beer, which allot of people here would tell you is stupid. And they are right in a sense. On first taste both these beer where bad (after force carbing) but after three weeks in the keg at 11PSI they where(tasted) IMO better then any store bought beer.

I cracked a few bottles open this past weekend after they had conditioned for the minimum 2 weeks.

My buddy tried it and went "It tastes like Bud, but good."

I did this kit for my first. I thought it was fantastic, as did everyone who tried it that was a regular beer drinker. It definately tasted nothing like Bud, it's an ale.

It's a decent beer. Most people that just consume mass quantities of beer (vs. quality) will find it suitable. It is the beer I would give to someone that just drinks light beer.

It's a good beer to test out new flavors in. I made one a few weeks ago and soaked some vanilla beans in whiskey, put the beans in the secondary. Waiting for that to finish. Should be good.

I did this kit for my first. I thought it was fantastic, as did everyone who tried it that was a regular beer drinker. It definately tasted nothing like Bud, it's an ale.

I think what he meant was that it was nothing outstanding, but wasn't bad.

SWMBO wanted the amrican lite so you know thats what I ended up brewing. A little over 48 hours in and things are bubbling along nicely in the airlock. Ill post up some pictures when I get done brewing up my honey ale.

Don

Back