5 gal. Ball lock kegs for $28.99 + shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copbrew133

Reaction score
Theres an ad on Ebay for used ball lock soda kegs for $28.99 + the shipping if anyone's interested. Seemeed like a decent price. The ad says they've been cleaned out and pressure tested. I just ordered three and haven't gotten them yet so I can't speak for the quality yet. The shipping for me was 24 dollars from across the state. Heres the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-gallon-ba...851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cd40c2cb

Hmmm...shipping would add about $10 per keg to me up in North Chicago area...still seems like quite the deal at $39.07 each after shipping is factored in...still on the fence but might end up going with this...

Well i played with the qty and there is some break points that make it interesting:

1 keg = $40.32 shipping
7 kegs = $49.70 shipping ($7.10 each)
8 kegs = $67.75 shipping ($8.46 each)

Total for 7 to me would come out like $252.63 ($36.09)...hmmmm....

Another thread said to call direct for cheaper shipping with this guy as eBay shipping is sometimes exaggerated.

^ +1...

I sent them an e-mail and see what it comes out to...even at e-bay quote it would still be $9 less per keg the local (and still would have to add gasket kit to either one)...

I just got 12 of these last week. I sold off 9 of them so far and I'm keeping two. The kegs were in good shape. Everyone was super happy. Planning to do an order of 30 for local home brewers in my area.

Yeah I ordered 4 of them from this guy... they were delivered 4 days later... I paid $38 for the "Like-new" kegs in the picture. Came to $185 shipped for 4 kegs. I'm happy.

MDHB has those for $37? I was in there on Friday and they were $65!

If so then they just pulled that # out of their ass. A few weeks ago me and a buddy of mine both got one for $37. REAL ball-locks not converted pins that they were selling for awhile.

If so then they just pulled that # out of their ass. A few weeks ago me and a buddy of mine both got one for $37. REAL ball-locks not converted pins that they were selling for awhile.

Yeah, unfortunately I bought two of the converted pins and now have to go back and get ball locks. The two fake ball locks don't fit in my kegerator so I'll have to try and get rid of them.

I'll have to ask the next time I'm in there, but I know they're $65 on the website, too.

I got 4 from them a week ago. Contacted them via email for bulk pricing and got shipping at $25.00 to Louisiana. I went with the $38 dollar kegs as they were described as being in better shape, well one had a damaged post that I think will have to be replaced. Contacted them and asked for replacement post or refund to cover new post and no reply.

Kegs were OK but still need to be torn down and cleaned well, so go for the $28 kegs as your still going to have to do the work.

Ironically enough, I just got an email from them about kegging. Here was the line from the email:

One other thing about kegs. Chris has been working hard to try to keep as many used corny kegs in stock as possible, but ... prices are increasing. There's not much we can do about that.

I am in for 4 of the $38 kegs shipped to me at 61548 (central IL) at $35 shipping for 4 of them...

we will see fingers crossed they turn out to be in good shape and ready to roll.. I hate throwing out 200 bucks only to be disappointed.

Neil

I'd swear I posted this already... was it deleted?

Anyways I got 4 kegs from this guy and paid $38 (more for the "like new" kegs) and got 2 descent ones and 2 fairly dented ones. One keg the metal on the ball lock was broken making it useless till I get a new ball lock. I should have just paid the $28 since these took alot of work to recondition.

Just an update.

Got mine in the other day. Everything is there, no dents, just need some cleaning. One was shipped still under some pressure though, kinda freaked me out when I pulled the relief valve.

Latest posts

Back