Brewers Best India Black Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wburn

Reaction score
Anyone tried it? Brewing some up today, first time I've brewed since my twins were born 10 months ago. Fell in love with Bridgeport's Dark Rain a couple weeks ago, figured I'd give this kit a try to get back into it.

wburn said:
Anyone tried it? Brewing some up today, first time I've brewed since my twins were born 10 months ago. Fell in love with Bridgeport's Dark Rain a couple weeks ago, figured I'd give this kit a try to get back into it.

Bottled it a week ago. Very tasty at bottling. Will let you know in another week when I pop one open.

Opened mine a week ago after a month in bottles. It's good....Real Good! But I did throw a couple of cinnamon sticks in the secondary. Gave it a little kick. I'm a big fan of Palo Santo, and I really think this is better.

DCNeck said:
Opened mine a week ago after a month in bottles. It's good....Real Good! But I did throw a couple of cinnamon sticks in the secondary. Gave it a little kick. I'm a big fan of Palo Santo, and I really think this is better.

How long did you let it go in the secondary?

I'm brewing the same recipe now. Depending on the reading i take tonight I'll rack it to the secondary. I snuck a taste last time I took a reading, and I really like it. I'm really excited about this one too. I'm thinking about racking it to secondary, waiting a week or so then dry hopping for 5 days. I've heard rumors of bad taste from dry-hopping for too long. Can anyone confirm this?

I've got a belgian caramel wheat conditioning in the bottle, and i'm drinking an IPA and an Irish Stout.

i know this is an old thread. i had one of these my friend brewed and loved it...anyone know of an all grain recipe for this beer?

Its awesome. A month of bottle conidtioning is what it needs. I opened a few after 2 and 3 weeks and it was good. It was amazing at one month

Back