What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Northern Lights Apple Berry Cider, found in the back of the fridge I thought this was long gone

ForumRunner_20130512_213819.jpg

It's only an hour if we meet in the middle! San Diego has some nice craft breweries and brewpubs. I'm definitely jealous.

We do, I mean its rough having Stone, Green Flash, Ballistic Point, Karl Strauss, St. Archer, Port, Hess, Etc readily available on tap but I make it through.

Inversion Ipa. A bit cloying crystal/cartasan malty,equally strongly bitter.Dont care for the malt profile I guess,same as red chair although I think I liked that one better. Not a big fan of Deschutes so far... Do think I "like" a few. I am a fan of Oregon though. :)

We do, I mean its rough having Stone, Green Flash, Ballistic Point, Karl Strauss, St. Archer, Port, Hess, Etc readily available on tap but I make it through.

Yeah so rough :rolleyes: :mad: (pulls out world's smallest violin)

Inversion Ipa. A bit cloying crystal/cartasan malty,equally strongly bitter.Dont care for the malt profile I guess,same as red chair although I think I liked that one better. Not a big fan of Deschutes so far.

Each his own I suppose. I like Deschutes. Obsidian Stout was the first beer I bought when I turned 21. Not mind blowing beer, but interesting and tasty IMO.

Each his own I suppose. I like Deschutes. Obsidian Stout was the first beer I bought when I turned 21. Not mind blowing beer, but interesting and tasty IMO.

Havent had that one yet but will give it a whirl someday.

My Rice Wine flavored with pineapple coconut juice.

View attachment 121748

Spent 2 years in Japan and have 10 bottles of Sake that are now expired :( Interested in making some, was it difficult? From what I understand you have to cover rice with a mold to convert starches to sugars, how hard was the process?

SixStrings said:
That sounds great, I've wanted to give homemade rice wine a go for a while now.

Drinking an Anchor Steam right now. Had a craving for northern brewer.

seigex said:
Spent 2 years in Japan and have 10 bottles of Sake that are now expired :( Interested in making some, was it difficult? From what I understand you have to cover rice with a mold to convert starches to sugars, how hard was the process?

Here's the thread about this particular rice wine. It's so easy to make.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/making-traditional-rice-wine-cheap-fun-different-361095/

bottlebomber said:
That looks good, it's cleared up nicely. How is it?

It's been in the bottle and refrigerator for about 2 1/2 weeks. It's so much smoother and overall better now than it was younger. I pasteurized them so ill probably hang on to some for a while and see how it ages.

NIZZLE said:
I so want to make some of that still can't find any yeast balls :( probably just not looking in the right places.

I'll slip some in your shipment to get you started.
But I'm sure you can find some up there somewhere if you end up liking the finished product.

seigex said:

There's an article in the march issue of zymurgy that details out making sake.

Must admit now I'm drinking Coors in the can 'cause I want the alcohol relief and don't want to waste the good stuff on a smasher, lol

mcbaumannerb said:
No, we're on property and no way to get out there :(

Nope - here for a week!

Rental car? Just think of the trade ammo you could acquire. Anyway, enjoy your stay in our beautiful state.

Where did you go for the wine barrel? Wifey got the hook up from the distillery, good folks over there. In laws are on Cayuga, freaking love it. Love the new Ithaca brewery.

The wine barrel was from a friend who owns a winery up along Seneca lake. That thing was gigantic and I didn't want to wrestle that monster into my Xterra. I did wander over to the distillery and pick up a Bourbon/Wheat whiskey barrel that was more my size at 10 gallons. I like how they keep about a half gallon of whiskey in the barrel to keep them wet.

Wine barrels are hard to find up along the lake because the larger wineries get together and employ the services of a cooper when they need new barrels. Rather than pay for a new barrel, they pay the coopers $200 dollars to shave and re-toast the barrel rather than use a new one. They basically repeat this until the barrel is so thin it becomes a eventual planter.

The new Ithaca Brewery is a great time, They have new wood fired pizza's that go well with Cask night on Weds. :tank:

New Beer alert. Ithaca Brewing is releasing the Excelsior, Anniversary Fifteen- Dark Rye Ale and the Excelsior Old Habit – Strong Rye Ale on May 15th at the brewery. I'll be there for cask night and pizza!

Back