Pumpkin Pie Apple Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles541

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried this? I want to try it out as an experiment for Halloween time. Being only a month and a half away I'd have to start it fairly soon. I'm guessing I could just start it as a normal apple cider, with a little bit of sugar to boost the abv, everyone likes a nice drink before they are off to scare to chillins'. Then add a little bit of pumpkin mash and let it ferment. Then rack it to secondary and add a touch or nutmeg and cinnamon.

Any suggestions or tips? Also, dry or sweet? I'm not too experienced with pumpkin ales and other brews. All I've really used pumpkin for is pie. If I can make a punkin cider as good as my pies, I'll be in business.

I would just ferment out a good cider, then add a packet of "pumpkin pie" spices as primary is done, and let it sit for 3 days to a week before racking to secondary.

Alright. I actually started it just a little different. About a quarter cup or so of honey in a gallon of apple juice. Then I added about a 1/4 of a sweet pumpkin that I heated with the juice and honey on the stove. It smells quite nice. I'll add a bit of cinnamon and some pumpkin pie spices in secondary. How long do you think I should let this ferment in primary. I want the pumpkin flar and the apple flavor to come through, but I also want something with a kick.

Back