Fruit Addition - After the racking - Lets make muffins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagatris

Reaction score
Of all the fruit addition threads I've read, I've never seen anyone comment about using the fruit afterwards.

I hate to just throw away the 4lbs of raspberries that are currently soaking in my blonde ale. There has to be a use for the mush. Pancakes? Muffins? Bread? Cookies?

Anyone have recipes or suggestions for what to do with this delicious and alcoholic fruite puree? I'm thinking some kind of muffin or cookie would be the best choice.

Well the alcohol would boil away if you baked with it and adding it to toast or croissant would make for a very yeastie tasting jam... It decomposes well and also acts as an excellent bait in fruit fly traps.

If I were to boil it to make jam, I'm quite certain that the alcohol would boil off. You think it would boil out for the 10 or so minutes needed to bake cookies? I was hoping that it would last through that.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1611652

I think this is the best option I've found so far. The cookies themselves are baked, then the 'jam' scooped on top of them after they come out of the oven. Of course, this relies on the 'jam' itself tasting good on its own.

Back