Imaginary Friends

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bob just told a friend that I have 75,000 imaginary friends. :drunk:

But that is how we refer to this forum- my imaginary friends. It's funny, though, because I'll tell Bob some brewing information like this: "Bob, one of my imaginary friends says that summit hops are great for bittering". Bob loves hearing that kind of stuff, and we chat all the time about brewing and ingredients and new things to try and ideas that come from this forum. It just seems natural to call you guys my imaginary friends.

But sometimes we'll be in a group and Bob will be talking with a friend and mention my new electric brewery and how my imaginary friends had a lot of input into it. Usually, no one even flinches.

So, either they understand it's my forum buddies or else they think I'm insane. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I tell my wife she has a lot of imaginary friends on the net...facebook (which I just can't get into). So, I guess it's the same thing. Damn....does that mean I have imaginary friends too? Crap, can't let her read this....

HEY!!!! I'm NOT imaginary! You have had beers with me in real life! And so has Bob!!!! So it is 74,999 imaginary friends........ Nyah!:p

HEY!!!! I'm NOT imaginary! You have had beers with me in real life! And so has Bob!!!! So it is 74,999 imaginary friends........ Nyah!:p

I think Bob has met about 50 of my imaginary friends, maybe more.

But a couple of them have told Bob that they didn't think HE really existed! That cracked me up.

My four year old plays with Rapunzel daily since he saw the recent cartoon "Tangled", so he has an imaginary friend in the house all the time, she tends to tell him to do the bad stuff that he's not supposed to do.

Thing is though, he appears to have one up on you, he knows she's imaginary. :)

Have you mentioned to Bob that some of your imaginary friends are actually "Yooper Fanboys"?;)

I like how some of the young 'uns (and even some old 'uns) on here are !SHOCKED! that "Yooper is a girl". What's next... a girl who likes to hunt and fish and fix cars? My heavens!!

Ha! A girl! Yeah right. Next you're gonna tell me she's not 6'3", 260 and jacked out of her mind.

Ha! A girl! Yeah right. Next you're gonna tell me she's not 6'3", 260 and jacked out of her mind.

That's funny right there!

Sure, I hunt (it's bow season right now! :rockin:), fish, drive a truck, and brew beer. But I'm also a grandmother and I can crochet.

I know I've said this before, but when I met Revvy in person, he kept staring at me. I said something like "What's the matter with you?" and he said that he was surprised at how tiny I am. I laughed and said, "What? You thought I was a great big butchy girl?" He just said, "Well, yeah. Actually." :D

Revvy is like 6'10" or something like that. I'm about 5'5". I guess by his standards I'm tiny!

I met Soper and some Austin Zealots when I went to Austin a couple years ago. We were all hanging out at this bar, and some of his club members asked how he knew the guy from AZ. Of course Soper said "We met on the internet" and left it at that. :drunk:

Well I guess I count you as one of my imaginary friends, Yooper. We've never directly communicated with each other, but I always find your posts informative and helpful...and occasionally amusing like this one.

-The imaginary Greyhound

Back