Jamaica Red Ale Clone Recipe wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Reaction score
Any one out there have an AG Jamaica Red Ale clone recipe? One that they have made and found close to the real thing? Thanks.

Any luck here? I specifically searched with this question in mind.
Big IPA guy but I tried this recently , now I want to make one

You could try the Censored ale clone (search forums, where I've posted a comment. I think there's one in the recipe section, too. same recipe). They're fairly similar* from what I remember, just pull back on the bittering hops a little bit, and maybe go a little bit lighter on the malts that aren't pale malt?... I'd have drink them side by side to give you better advice, and I'm not all that adept at making clones anyway, but I'm sure YOU could drink them side by side and be no worse for the wear ;) and then decide how to modify the Censored recipe. I'm sure they sell it up there somewhere like at the coop.
Jamaica is another one of my favorites, makes me miss living in Humboldt.

*disclaimer: I haven't had the pleasure of drinking Jamaica IPA for at least a year, since it's harder to find down here in Sonoma county.

Back