DIY CO2 distributor/manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dycokac

Reaction score
Anyone made one?

Curious if i can just get the brass fittings from homedepot/lowes/menards and go with that. I figured since i wont be running more than 30PSI or anything it doesn't have to be anything special.

I've made 2 CO2 manifolds.
I use 2 20# CO2 tanks.

The first one is all out of stainless steel.

For my second tank I used brass.

Never had any problem out of either one.

In my gallery I have more pictures.
I make or modify almost all my equipment, that's as much fun as brewing sometimes.

Don

Dycokac said:
Curious if i can just get the brass fittings from homedepot/lowes/menards and go with that. I figured since i wont be running more than 30PSI or anything it doesn't have to be anything special.
Sure you can, as long as you're willing to pay the premium. If you price out the parts (especially at local stores) you'll almost certainly see that the prices on many of the commercially available distributors aren't so bad after all. But if you're just interested in throwing something together on short notice regardless of cost, then it's hard to beat buying locally.

7674-NewRegSetup.jpg

of course, there is a damn leak somewhere in all that, so I'm not using it at the moment :(

Yeah, here's mine I built up last night. I haven't tested yet and sure hope I don't have a leak.
8384-IMAGE_042.jpg

Are you guys running bars!? That's a lot of regulators. I'd recommend using paste and curing spray type sealant (Loctite makes a good type #567, combined with Primer 7649) if you are doing that.

I'm looking to end up with about 4 taps. Looking around i can get a manifold from my LHBS for $60, My weldingshop i got my 10# tank from gave me a catalog for some fox place that has lots of beverage related equipment that has a 4 line distributor for about $35.

With the price to pride ratio... which side of the ratio is higher if i bolt something together vs mail order that manifold?

I'm wondering why some properly sized "T"'s wouldn't work for much less money with less chance of leaks? I bought a 3 way manifold from Northern Brewer and every connection on the thing leaked. I had to take it apart, add much more tape and then re-assemble. Frustrating.

I have the manifold in my kegerator and I want to add a T outside by the CO2 thank so I can use it to pressurize kegs after filling them to ensure they seal. My last beer I used sugar to carbonate and the lid leaked.

pldoolittle said:
Why not these?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

As for home depot fittings, I've used/abused galvanized iron to 3-4000psi without incident. I would not worry about their safety in a <1000psi installation.

Okie, didn't know about those and that's what I'm going to do now :)

I Have one carboy ready to keg now, so I'll mount one tap, and just do single lines to start and mail order the stuff and go from there :).

Does northern tool have check valves too? I havn't found, nore looked too deeply for them yet.

EDIT: ah found the check valves at norther brewer, might as well order them there when i order my phat tyre clone kit :).

ultimately, i'd like to have 2 regulators so I can do 2 different pressures, and as was mentioned earlier to have a line outside the fridge to seal the kegs too :).

:drunk:
Are you guys running bars!? That's a lot of regulators. I'd recommend using paste and curing spray type sealant (Loctite makes a good type #567, combined with Primer 7649) if you are doing that.

The only word of warning about certain "locktites" is that you may never get the stuff apart again!
(I have known to be wrong but let it fly!)

Latest posts

Back