What's brewing related that someone may not think they need, but should really have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all is going to be at Northern Brewer Store Front
I don't use a mash paddle. I have never understood them to be honest. I use a XL restaurant grade wish to Dough In a whisk is made for incorporating and breaking up chunks. So Larg Wisk
Food scale
OxyClean
1 gal storage containers air tight
Flask
Stir plate

-- Plastic food grade buckets from lowes. If you buy 5, they are only $3.50 each. The $2 lids also have a rubber grommet. I store all grains in these. I black sharpie what's in them on the side. You could also make them into cheap fermenters.
I didn't know Lowe's even stocked them. I'll have to swing by this weekend. Thanks Newgene.

Bottling tree/vinator. I can't believe how much easier and quicker bottling is with these two inexpensive pieces of gear.

I didn't know Lowe's even stocked them. I'll have to swing by this weekend. Thanks Newgene.

I just realized I stated the lids had a grommet. I am assuming folks realized I meant seal and not grommet. It's just the normal rubber ring around the full rim. The grommets would still be less than a buck from the LHBS. The buckets are the white ones in the paint section. They are marked as food grade on the bucket.

Oxygenation system with stone

Aquarium pump

You can brew without them for ales, but in my opinion they are must haves to brew lagers. I suppose you could go without the pump if you go no chill, but I like getting to pitching temp fast. and you won't get down into the 40s using tap water

Back