Star Wars VII

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if you've read any of the books over the past few years (zahn etc.) but there will be no shortage of potential bad guys.

I think I've stated before that Lucasfilm and Disney have both said it will be an all-original story and George Lucas has basically called the EU (everything aside from what Lucas has produced) a bunch of fan-fiction. While I have read and enjoyed several books, I've always questioned how canon everything would be considered.

dudius said:
How do you introduce a new chief antagonist and a new conflict?

My mind immediately went to movies like "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" where people throw off some Imperial oppressor and then there's a new power struggle among the newly-freed people.

Hmm interesting, yeah the past couple years the flood gates have been opened on "fan-fiction" so its impossible to figure out how it all fits together (graphic novels, comics, etc). If episodes VII-IX, lol, are really true reboots, that will be scary.

From what I've read years back, the story follows the 2 droids. it's not necessarily readily apparent, since they are not the "main characters".

I've heard that Luke, Leia, etc. could have cameos, but I've also read that the story happens a bit past that point, with a new threat looming. Supposedly with the past character's Children being the new main characters. Luke's kids, Leia's twins, etc.

I'm hoping for a bit less CGI and a bit more WRITING in the new movies. I'd love for the next movie to start with a mindblowingly evil event that shatters the peace since the collapse of the Empire.

Also, I've read that Zahn's books are not to be figured into the new movies. So no, what was his name?? Thrawn??

Yeah, the Thrawn trilogy would have been nice, but I had read that the treatments George did for episodes 7-9 weren't allowed to be covered in the books. And the rumors are that the script will be written using those treatments so no Thrawn (he would have been a cool villain!)

I wonder if, since it's the episode that comes after Jedi, they'll have Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, etc. in the movie as the old sage characters.

Carrie Fisher's gotta be in it, as Yoda said: "There.........is...........a....NOTHER!"

How do you introduce a new chief antagonist and a new conflict?

They had no problem pulling Duku and Grevious out of thin air....

If i could go back in time i would somehow make GL unable to hVe anything to do woth episodes I-III

Maybe they start with a brand new one and have it develop. Maybe its Luke...

Or its so far in the future that all brand new

I imagine they can do a good job of it. I'm lowering expectations the more I think about it, I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

I imagine they can do a good job of it. I'm lowering expectations the more I think about it, I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

I think that's the main problem with the prequal. Too many people setting the bar too high. I actually enjoyed them. Ep 1 not too much, but that's because it had to develop the story just like fellowship of the ring.

I know it's sacrilegious, but I hate 3PO in the originals more than Jar Jar in the first. He's so annoying.... I hope he isn't in the next one.

To wrap this up, I'd say the self-proclaimed nerds who love Star Wars by hating on it are worse than George Lucas. To those of us who love Star Wars and show it by supporting what we like rather than bashing what we don't, cheers :mug:

I appreciate your optimism, I really do. I hope if they do make a new movie, that it will be good. I'm a little skeptical admittedly but I'm willing to give it a chance.

But it doesn't take being a Star Wars nerd to see that the prequels were excrement. If you enjoyed them that's fine, but I would say you're the type of person who just likes to sit down and be entertained then, which is cool. But those movies had atrocious acting, plot holes within themselves, were often contradictory to the original movies, and had "cool" villains that were marketing gimmicks which lasted all of 15 minutes on-screen and had little to no development.

Those movies could have been made by the Syfy channel's staff (many of whom used to work in the adult film industry) if it wasn't for the special effects budget. I am a Star Wars fan, but regardless I don't like movies that clearly had little foresight and were thrown out to grab some bucks.

I was 12 when Episode 2 came out so I really enjoyed it minus the mushy stuff. I forgot what year Episode 3 came out, I know I was in high school so I was a little more critical of it. But I guess you could say I'm a big fan of the originals but was happy to be entertained with mediocre-to-decent movies. I can say I felt the magic of seeing star wars for the first time each time they put out a new movie, so I think something was done right. Plus Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront 2 are on my list of all time favorite games, another reason to be thankful for George Lucas' capitalist ways :mug:

I won't be convinced or even talked into being convinced until they are out. JJ Abrams work is great but, I have no faith in this working out.

I've been a fan since New Hope. I've enjoyed every single one of them. Movies are just entertainment for me, and in that, they've all succeeded.
My random thoughts are:

Empire Strikes Back was my favorite by far.

Jar jar and ewoks were awful additions.

Natalie Portman was fine as Queen Amidala.

I'm really looking forward to whatever comes next.

I've been a fan since New Hope. I've enjoyed every single one of them. Movies are just entertainment for me, and in that, they've all succeeded.
My random thoughts are:

Empire Strikes Back was my favorite by far.

Jar jar and ewoks were awful additions.

Natalie Portman was fine as Queen Amidala.

I'm really looking forward to whatever comes next.

We must be somehow related :mug:

And by fine, did you mean adequate or delicious? Because let's just say I was in puberty during episode 2.

I heard JJ plans on combining the Star Trek and Star Wars worlds...just like they did with Alien vs Predator

I heard JJ plans on combining the Star Trek and Star Wars worlds...just like they did with Alien vs Predator

Captain Solo vs Captain Kirk? That'd be interesting... Data and C-3PO could battle to see who is more obnoxious.

I will be withholding all enthusiasm. I was 5 when IV came out, and had been a pretty engaged fan throughout my childhood. When the remakes came out, I tolerated some of the plot vehicles/extra scenes used to explain some of the gaps and whatnot. I found the updated sequence at the very end of VI to be an insult, putting Hayden Christensen into the scene instead of the old dude that was Annakin.

The I, II, III where an atrocity though. Jar jar, was not needed in the comic relief, we still had the droids. (one of which was made by Darth Vader, really?) the kid was way too cute. For example, Luke was a troubled teen, moody, feeling trapped in a desert #$%^ hole. Why was the kid so damned cute? They killed of Qui-Gon(?) and Darth Maul (the two only interesting new characters). They put CGI italian-american accented badguys, CGI Jabba, etc. Kid's mom gets killed, all of a sudden, he is a vicious murderer swearing loyalty to the emperor?

Well, anyways, I feel I have rambled a bit here. Now that GL is not at the helm entirely, maybe they can salvage the series. I know they are not catering to me, nor my demographic anyway, so I guess we will wait and see.

Wow seven of 9 vs slave leia. That is a tough one, I'm 32 and was raised on a steady dose of ROTJ but I'd have to go Seven!! I'm sorry Carrie.

7 of 9????Hottest?????

How about the 3 and the 6? (somebody please tell me you know what I am talking about)

7 of 9????Hottest?????

How about the 3 and the 6? (somebody please tell me you know what I am talking about)

They are each special in their own way, but I'd go #3, Leia, #6, then 7 of 9 (And only if there are no other available options.) 7 of 9 just doesn't do it for me.

Hell, even Janeway was hotter IMO!

You're a Mod, so I'm risking to forever be ban'd for HBT, but I just can't.....

JANEWAYYYY???!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Who's next the doctor on TNG before Bev?

Lol.

Anyone remember these old things?

starwars.jpg

I was looking for Star Wars posters on Amazon and the idea of a Star Wars magic-eye came to mind. That one is courtesy of Google images. I found another one that said "the game", which made me lose the game for the first time in a few years. If you don't know "the game", it's something people my age did about seven years ago.

I was looking for Star Wars posters on Amazon and the idea of a Star Wars magic-eye came to mind. That one is courtesy of Google images. I found another one that said "the game", which made me lose the game for the first time in a few years. If you don't know "the game", it's something people my age did about seven years ago.

You are a young one! My kids played that about 2 years ago. Well, they are probably still playing it. I'm not very clear on the rules.

Took me about 1 minute to focus in on the SW image.

Latest posts

Back